Moonlight Basin Assistant in Training in Big Sky, Montana
Assistant in Training
Moonlight BasinBig Sky, MT
The assistant in training, under supervision of the assistant golf course superintendent operates all heavy machinery, works with all golf course related equipment, oversees small crew work assignments, and inspects course conditions.
· Knowledge of tools, methods, and materials used in grounds construction, landscaped area maintenance work and building maintenance and improvement.
· Ability to operate heavy equipment and light motorized equipment.
· Ability to follow oral and written directions.
· Proven leadership capabilities.
· Eager to learn and strives to be successful in the position.
· Oversees the completion of work assignments by crew members and assists with field decisions regarding job procedures, work standards and machinery use.
· Enforces safe working conditions with all job assignments and is responsible for instructing staff on proper equipment use and work methods.
· Oversees special projects and labor crews.
· Reports golf course conditions and all disciplinary problems to the golf course superintendent or assistant golf course superintendent.
· Maintains crew integrity at all times.
· Participates in daily course setup of the golf course including but not limited to cutting cups, tee service, mowing, bunkers, sod / seed projects, chemical & fertilizer application, and irrigation repair.
· Assists the golf course maintenance crew with snow removal during the winter months including equipment operation and shoveling.
· Maintains effective communication and cooperation with all other departments.
· Maintains positive interactions with club members and guests, providing a high level of customer service.
· Performs any and all duties as assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent or other members of the senior management team, as deemed appropriate.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Degree in golf course maintenance or related field preferred.
· Working knowledge of tools, methods, and materials used in grounds construction, landscape maintenance and building maintenance and improvement.
· Previous experience operating heavy machinery and golf course related equipment preferred.
· Previous supervisor experience preferred.
Position requires walking and standing most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks. Requires manual dexterity, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, and climbing. Ability to lift at least 50 pounds on a regular basis. Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time, sometimes in inclement weather.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.