Moonlight Basin Front of House Support (Winter 21-22) in Big Sky, Montana
Front of House Support (Winter 21-22)
Moonlight Basin (https://moonlightbasin.easyapply.co) Big Sky, MT
There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000 acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
Make a meaningful impact as FOH Support at Moonlight Basin. As a FOH Support person, you are a vital member to service team and a key part of making everyone in the restaurant feel welcome. They must also maintain a calm and graceful demeanor throughout service and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Moonlight Tavern, 3 Forks, Clubhouse Grill and all Moonlight Basin food & beverage outlets are quick and exciting with many opportunities to learn and grow. Professionals in this role will need to demonstrate a throughout knowledge of the floor plan, food and beverage offerings, and operational information. Successful candidates require excellent communication skills and a pleasant, friendly attitude toward their fellow associates and our members and guests. Ideal applicants are professional with a strong passion for hospitality.
Primary Job Duties:
· Successfully coordinate with other food & beverage associates to set-up and maintain stations and tables correctly and efficiently, run beverages and food accurately, anticipate the needs of our members and guests, and provide an excellent service experience.
· Maintain mastery of table numbers, seat positions, and our steps of service.
· Maintain and demonstrate ability to identify and properly serve our food & beverage items.
· Create and maintain strong relationships with our members and guests.
· Possess knowledge of our beer, wine, and cocktail offerings.
· Comply with health, safety, sanitation, and alcohol awareness standards.
· Always maintain a professional appearance and work environment.
· Demonstrate the highest level of hospitality to associates and guests.
· Minimum 1 year experience in a front of house role in a hospitality business.
· Minimum high school/GED education. College degree preferred.
· Precise attention to detail.
· Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
· Team player with a positive attitude
· Excellent people skills.
· Exceptional guest recovery skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Previous experience with online reservation systems, such as Resy, is preferred.
· Previous experience with POS systems, such as Jonas, is preferred.
· Must possess a positive attitude.
· Must be willing to participate in a learning environment.
· Must integrate company values throughout all interactions.
· Must be dependable and available to work within the resort on weekends, nights and/or holidays based on business demands.
· Must comply with Moonlight Basin’s Dress and Grooming policies.
Expected Hours of Work
· Punctuality and regular attendance required.
· Must be available to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
· This is a full time, seasonal position.
Position requires walking and standing most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 10 hours in length. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks. Requires manual dexterity, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, and climbing. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.