Moonlight Basin Golf Grounds Crew (Summer 2021) in Big Sky, Montana
Golf Grounds Crew (Summer 2021)
Moonlight Basin (https://moonlightbasin.easyapply.co) Big Sky, Mt
There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000 acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is a private club and community located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
The grounds crew team members at the golf course perform daily routine maintenance of the golf course including but not limited to; operating small walk-behind and riding mowing equipment, raking bunkers, landscaping, and construction projects, use of hand tools related to maintenance, and occasional operation of tractors and loaders.
· Daily course set-up including walk mowing greens and tees, raking bunkers, setting tee markers, mowing fairways & roughs, cutting cups, hand watering, and sweeping cart paths.
· Assisting crew members in the application of fertilizers and chemical applications under supervision of a licensed applicator.
· Maintain a professional appearance and attitude while working around members and guests.
· Helping maintain fuel and fluid levels in all types of equipment on a daily basis and assisting the equipment manager in observing any mechanical issues related to the equipment.
· Assisting with a variety of projects on the golf course related to construction including drainage installation, silt fence installation and maintenance, erosion matting, hydro-seeding, laying or hand watering new sod, seeding greens or tees, leveling irrigation heads, and bunker maintenance.
· Grounds crew members will learn to understand expected golf course conditions and will report to their supervisor of any potential problems.
· Reporting to work on time and prepared for all weather conditions.
· General understanding of the game of golf preferred.
· Safely operate hand tools and power equipment related to maintenance of the golf course.
· Perform daily responsibilities on the course in all weather conditions.
· Ability to work individually and as a team with other grounds crew members.
· Follow written and oral directions from supervisor/manager.
· Ability to understand Material Safety Data Sheets and other safety instructions.
· Possession of a valid drivers license preferred.
· Ability to push, pull, squat, stoop, reach overhead, bend.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
· Ability to walk, sit or stand for extended periods.
$500 seasonal company bonus + Member Appreciation bonus
A deposit of $300 is required to secure housing for the season.
Rent is $550/month for a dual occupancy room or $1000/ month for a private room. Private rooms are limited to availability.
Couples housing available!
Skyline bus pass for employees commuting from Bozeman.
Free shift meals.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.