Big Sky Resort Public Area Supervisor in Big Sky, Montana
Public areas is looking for a hardworking, positive, detail oriented Supervisor for the 2019/2020 winter season! Do you have an acute eye for detail? Are you comfortable speaking in front of groups and also one-on-one? Are you organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment? This is a very important role here at the resort! This person will help build and maintain a team of individuals who take pride in the appearance of Big Sky Resort and take pride working with you.
- Leading a talented and professional team of Public Area attendants and providing their training of the Public Areas.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the Resort Public Areas including The Huntley Lodge, Yellowstone Conference Center, Mountain Mall, Snowcrest Building and Mountain Base Area/Plaza.
- Reports to the Public Area Manager and Public Area Assistant Manager.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring personal appearances and enforcing handbook guidelines.
- Monitoring efficiency & making sure employees are where they should be to perform their assigned duties.
- Monitor times and duration of breaks taken by on duty staff.
- Do inspections every day and every night.
- Insist that all public area attendants show respect to all other employee and guests.
- Motivate, coach and retrain employees as necessary. Emphasis is always on guest service.
- Document any action of employees that could result in coaching.
- Expected to do hourly walk through of all public areas.
- Responsible for the completion of any projects assigned.
- Primary concern at all times is our guests experience and safety.
- Should enforce and train for the “Boyne Basic L.E.A.D. Values”.
Required to follow these Service Standards:
- Safety for guests and employees alike. Safety can never be sacrificed.
- Shovel/ ice melt loading dock area, Shoshone emergency exit, Huntley emergency exit, Huntley pool area, pool exits, and Conference Center deck and steps.
- Courtesy - good service, general attention to our guests, practicing a friendly smile and treating every guest like a VIP.
- Guest impression - attention to details - how would guest feel when entering the area?
- Efficiency - effective use of equipment and operating systems and personal pride in the work you do.
- Professional, positive and helpful to fellow employees and resort guests.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds.
- A commitment to delivering high levels of service with attention to detail.
- A smart and tidy appearance.
- A passion for creating exceptional guest experiences.
Requisition ID: 2019-5870
# of Openings: 2
Resort: Big Sky Resort
Position Type: Seasonal Full-Time
Targeted Job Start Date: 11/21/2019
Supervisor: Harley Johnson, Public Area Assistant Manager
Shifts Available: Varied. Must be willing to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.