Big Sky Resort Retail Sales Associate in Big Sky, Montana
Big Sky Resort offers and array of retail outlets: Big Sky Sports, Provisions, Pendleton, Lone Peak Logo Shop, Burton Store, The North Face Store and The Board Room. Placement in a location is dependent on expertise and staffing needs.
A Retail Sales Associate provides quality customer service and product knowledge, along with daily tasks of the operation. Sales Associates are excited to help each and every guest with their needs.
Check out Big Sky Resort's retail outlets at the link here.
- Will be required to gain strong knowledge of Big Sky Resort property and the surrounding area
- Must be able to answer questions about activities and sights in the area
- Give accurate and current information about the merchandise for all brands we carry.
- Utilize the tools and training provided by Big Sky Resort to develop long-term customer relationships and increased sales.
- Maintain the Boyne Rewards signup and loyalty program in all locations
- Cleaning and organizing daily to keep sales area in prime appearance.
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task, greeting all guests promptly entering the store and host a warmly atmosphere.
- Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude at all times.
- Apply the above standards to all phone calls and questions.
Training and Employee Growth
- Participate in all required Big Sky Resort Retail employee training.
- Be proactive in your ongoing education regarding the company, weekly reports, products, and the outdoor retail business.
- Take advantage of additional in-store and outside training opportunities that are offered.
Effective communication skills.
Customer service and sales skills.
Ability to effectively work with team.
Attention to detail and accuracy.
Accurate with money usage and register use.
- Continually able to stand/walk for extended periods, necessary to provide sales floor coverage.
- Continually able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry product, necessary for customer service, inventory re-stock, and store merchandising.
- Ability to walk up and down staircase, carrying boxes, product, and other necessary store related items.
- Ability to regularly perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean.
- Ability to safely lift boxes up to 55 lbs.
- Comfortable climbing ladders.
All full time seasonal employment at Big Sky Resort includes:
- FREE All Access Ski Pass and eligibility for Montana Ski Area Association (ski other Montana hills and Boyne properties for free)
- Discounted skiing for friends and family
- Discounted ski/snowboard lessons/rentals and F&B/retail discounts at all Boyne outlets
- Eligibility for affordable employee housing and lodging discounts for friends and family
- Discounted Lone Mountain Ranch Cross Country Ski Trail Pass
- FREE Basecamp activities including zip line course
Requisition ID: 2020-7767
# of Openings: 30
Resort: Big Sky Resort
Position Type: Seasonal Full-Time
Targeted Job Start Date: 11/19/2020
Category: Retail and Rentals