Billings Clinic Cardiology RN in Billings / Billings, Montana
Job Description: *May be eligible for $20,000 sign on bonus*
May be eligible for relocation assistance and tuition loan repayment
The nurses in the Cardiology Department will be responsible for applying evidence-based nursing practice to the care of patients over the course of their lifespan. This involves the integration of education and research into the practice through the application of standards and guidelines. Data collection and assessment are used to establish goals and priorities in accordance with patient care, staff needs, and organizational objectives. Nurses are accountable for the quality of care rendered.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service. Demonstrates positive, supportive, caring behaviors in communication with patients, families, visitors, physicians, and others both internal and external to Billings Clinic.
• Utilizing a holistic approach incorporates the nursing process into the plan of care for the patient. Plan of care should include biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, and discharge planning.
• Plans, organizes, implements, evaluates and documents family-centered cardiac care by promoting a safe and therapeutic environment for patient, family, significant others, and care providers. Care is consistent with Billings Clinic values/goals and Billings Clinic organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety stan dards relevant to job performance. Identifies and anticipates problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate corrective action.
• Maintains appropriate theoretical and clinical skills with application and patient relevance of commonly utilized equipment specific to the Cardiology Department and other areas as appropriate; pharmacological application; application of laboratory values and radiologic findings with disease process or physiological status.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient care. Evaluates current nursing practices within the Cardiology Department to identify opportunities for modification that would enhance professional practice, maintain or improve patient care while remaining fiscally sound.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains proficiency and knowledge within a rapidly changin g environment.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the Cardiology department or organization.