Billings Clinic Clinical Psychologist - Behavioral Health Center in Billings / Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive
fits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
mitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet?-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
Clinical Psychologist - Behavioral Health Center
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CLINIC (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period:
1.00 = 80 hours
Starting Wage DOE:
Position is responsible for
the full range of f
unctions typically performed by a licensed clinical psychologist in a private practice out-patient setting. Functions include psychological testing and evaluation, psychotherapy, and consultation. Therapy may be with individuals, families, couples, and groups. Position is one of several clinical professionals in a multi-disciplinary setting and requires considerable comfort in a team setting.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and practices the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and Behavior Health Clinic Thoroughly evaluates the clinical needs of each patient, utilizing the clinical tools within the scope of license of the clinical psychologist. Arrives at diagnostic impressions utilizing DSM-IV Codes
• Engages in thorough age-appropriate treatment planning process for each client and discusses those plans with the client as clinically indicated.
• Makes use of referrals and consultations appropriately and has a strong knowledge of community resources.
• Actively develops professional contracts for marketing and resource development purposes.
• Performs age-appropriate clinical therapies and techniques skillfully, using sound personal and clinical judgment.
• Maintains client records clearly and in a timely and confidential manner, reflecting dates of appointments, evaluations, general therapy efforts and goals, referrals, and correspondence.
• Provides all necessary information for accurate and timely billing and collection.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Participates appropriately in quality improvement efforts.
• Functions as an involved team member within the clinic staff toward smooth flow of clinical and support staff needs, as well as for high quality care.
• Identifies need and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
"color: black; font-size: 10
pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
• Regulatory requirements and standards (Joint Commission, OSHA, etc.)
• Patient Safety Guidelines
• Personal computers, hardware, and software
• Patient’s rights
c and psychological diagnosis, t
heories, age-appropriate therapies and techniques, and p psychological testing
• Federal, state, and local regulations related to assessment, treatment, and commitment of individuals with mental disorders
• Highly developed and eclectic skills to practice individual, group, martial and family therapy and crisis intervention
• Highly developed assessment skills and perform psychological evaluations utilizing comprehensive psychological testing tools
022; Professional communication sk
ills, both verbal and written
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Function independently, setting work priorities consistent with patient and organizational needs
• Observe strict co
nfidentiality of patient information
• Lift, push and pull 50 pounds unassisted
• Works with a wide variety of mental health professionals who treat and refer patients to Billings Clinic.
• Works closely and cooperatively with physicians in evaluating, diagnosing and treating patients with psychiatric and co-dependency problems.
• Must be able to function autonomously and with a high degree of flexibility.
• Must be able to independently follow patients and their care and ask for psychiatric consultation and interventions when necessary.
• Ph D in Clinical Psychology
• Three (3) years of previous experience in the practice of Psychology
• Experience in a psychiatric hospital setting, desirable.
Certifications and Licenses
rent Montana licensure as a Clinical Psychologist
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and traum
a center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn
more at www.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and
welcoming employer, that strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in all we do.
As an equal opportunity employer, our policies and processes are designed to
achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All
yees and job applicants will be provided the s
ame treatment in all aspects
of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family
status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability.
To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective
employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the