Billings Clinic Director of Women's and Children's Services in Billings / Billings, Montana
Job Description: This position will effectively be the Director of Nursing and Operations for the Inpatient women's and children's services. Responsible to provide the leadership and direction, and to ensure continuity and consistency across and throughout departments within the Women's and Children's inpatient areas. This position collaborates with the Ambulatory Director of Women's and Children services, Department Chairs, and medical directors to ensure the delivery of quality, cost-effective health care services in line with the Billings Clinic mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives. Accountabilities include program/business development, quality of services, short and long range planning directly related to the business unit, to achieve goals and objectives, fiscal control and responsibility to manage revenue and costs, physician and interdepartmental and intradepartmental relations, and personnel management.
Essential Job Functions
• Develops and oversees business unit to ensure adherence to organizational mission, vision, values, strategic goals, and business objectives. Interprets and supports the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic. Responsible for the promotion of, and adherence to, the elements of Billings Clinic's Code of Business Conduct and corporate compliance program as it relates to the business unit.
• In collaboration with Senior Leadership, physician leadership, other medical staff, and other health care providers, leads, develops, and revises programs which enhance the business unit. Decisions specify the business unit and departmental priorities to be accomplished by the Manager and/or Supervisor/Coordinator and how resources will be allocated. Acts as a recognized area expert within Billings Clinic and to other health care providers.
• Leads business unit in the overall marketing, program development, and service priorities that support a quality-focused environ ment and the financial objectives of the organization/business unit/department. Coordinates with Senior Leadership and physicians to assure continuity in pursuing business unit/system goals and synergy in implementing plans and problem resolution.
• Oversees Managers, Supervisors/Coordinators, and other direct reports with preparation of business unit budget, staffing, objectives, standards, and staff education programs.
• Practices process improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of the service/care provided within business unit. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance for business unit and ensures business unit and staff compliance.
• Develops, retains, recruits, and leads a talented management team committed to accomplishing the organizational/business unit goals, objectives and corporate compliance. Recommends, implements, and evaluates plans and systems t hat assures sufficient number of qualified and competent staff to provide care/services. Adheres to administrative policy/procedures relating to human resource management.
• Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open communication and teamwork throughout the organization. Builds an environment of shared commitment to Billings Clinic's goals and responsibility to achieve quality outcomes.
• Leads evaluation, selection, and integration of health care technology and information management systems within the business unit that supports quality of care/financial needs and the efficient use of resources.