Billings Clinic Infusion RN (0.9 FTE) in Billings / Billings, Montana
Job Description: Responsible for applying in-depth knowledge, competencies and skills within the Infusion Center. Establishes goals and priorities in accordance with patient care, staff needs and organizational objectives and in accordance with age-appropriate care criteria for oncology services ranging from adolescent through geriatric.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service. Demonstrates positive, supportive, caring behaviors in communication with patients, families, visitors, physicians, and others both internal and external to Billings Clinic.
• Utilizing a holistic approach incorporates the nursing process into the plan of care for the patient. Plan of care should include biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, and discharge planning.
• Plans, organizes, implements, evaluates and documents safe therapeutic patient care consistent with Billings Clinic values/goals and Billings Clinic organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance. Identifies and anticipates problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate corrective action. Participates in ensu ring adherence to quality, regulatory and accreditation requirements/standards applicable to the department
• Maintains appropriate skill/knowledge with application and patient relevance of commonly utilized equipment specific to the Infusion Center and other areas as appropriate; pharmacological application; application of laboratory values with disease process or physiological status.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient care, efficiency and cost effectiveness within the department. Evaluates current nursing practices within the Infusion Center to identify opportunities for modification that would enhance professional practice, maintain or improve patient care while remaining fiscally sound. Collaboratively formulates plans for nursing and patient education programs.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintai ns proficiency and knowledge within a rapidly changing environment.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the Infusion Center or organization. Participates in the training and orientation of new staff and assists in providing on-going education and training for current staff.