Billings Clinic Medical Assistant - Urology (Per Diem) in Billings / Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet?-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
Medical Assistant - Urology (Per Diem)
UROLOGY (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem(Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $15.58 - $17.50 (+2.25 Per Diem Differential)
The Medical Assistant assists in the delivery of patient care/treatment and provides clerical and administrative support. Works collaboratively with the Physician, Advanced Practice Providers (APPs), RN, LPN, and other departmental personnel to meet the physical, psychosocial, educational, and spiritual needs of the patient and family.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares room, equipment and supplies as dictated by a particular examination, patient’s needs, and Billings Clinic exam and procedure room cleaning guidelines.
• Assists with patient scheduling of appointments, diagnostic tests, treatments, procedures, and surgery. May assist with registration and/or collection of co-pays.
• Screens incoming telephone calls for appropriate referrals to nurse, physician and/or APP.
• Orders and maintains clinical and office supplies and equipment as directed.
• Maintains patient files, records and other information. Adheres to confidentiality requirements.
• Compiles statistical data for reports as directed.
• Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
• Receives and prepares patient for examination and treatment as directed. Obtains and records history and vital signs. May assist in preparing for minor procedures and ph ysical exams. Charts and documents in medical record. Collects and appropriately labels laboratory specimens as needed per organization and department standards.
• Cleans and disinfects equipment per Billings Clinic infection control guidelines.
• May administer various vaccines per department standards/needs and individual employee leveling grid.
• Provides instruction to patients as directed by physician, APP or as documented in department policies and procedures.
• Performs all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• May assist physicians and APPs in preparing for minor procedures and physical exams.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Preferred six (6) months related work experience in a health care environment.
• Certified/Registered Medical Assistant required
Certifications and Licenses
• Certified/Registered Medical Assistant required
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.