Billings Clinic Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant -Urgent Care (SameDay Care) in Billings / Billings, Montana
Job Description: Under clinical supervision of a physician and direct supervision of the Manager/Director, the Physician Assistant provides general medical care, treatment and health care services to patients within the scope of their licensure and expertise level of the supervising physician.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• Examines patients and performs comprehensive physical examination, compiles patient medical data including health history and results of physical examination.
• Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, laboratory, and other ancillary services as appropriate and differentiates between normal and abnormal information contained in the test results. (Patient Care, Testing Diagnostic Tests)
• Performs therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing, wound care and managing infections within the scope of their licensure and the expertise level of the supervising physician. (Patient Care, Procedures, Midlevel Scope of Practice)
• Formulates diagnosis of medical problem, develops, implements and monitors patient care plans, records progress notes and assists in the provision of continuity of care; conferring with the supervising physician as necessary and/or appropriate. (Patient Care, Treatment plan, Patient Care Plan)
• Instructs and counsels patients and families regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens. (Education, Patient, Educates Patient)
• Refers patients to other health care providers and appropriate sources of care as necessary.
• Participates in on-call rotations and off hour rounding as it pertains to the specific department. (working condition)
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements; acquires knowledge and skills essential to incorporating into practice proven new evaluation/treatment modalities.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality; participates in the continued program development and marketing of service line.
• Maintains competency in all organizat ional, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Expiration Date: 10/15/2022
UN-CHECK Post to the US National Labor Exchange network ($25)