Billings Clinic Pharmacy Technician - Certified -Specialty Pharmacy in Billings / Billings, Montana
Pharmacy Technician - Certified -Specialty Pharmacy
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Week: 1.00 = 80 hours
Starting Wage DOE: 16.00
The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting the pharmacist in the delivery of quality pharmaceutical care and medication distribution as permitted by law.
Essential Job Functions:
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Answers the telephone and assists customers seeking pharmaceutical care. Performs a variety of data entry and report generating tasks.
• Assists the pharmacist with all aspects of the Billings Clinic medication distribution system including compounding/admixing pharmaceutical preparations, unit-dosing medications, filling & restocking medication kits/trays, medication cart-fill, etc.
• Maintains adequate medication inventories and supplies to meet dispensing needs. Communicates to Pharmacy Purchasing any medications or supplies needed.
• Mainta ins an accurate controlled substance perpetual inventory via appropriate use of controlled substance vault or controlled substance records.
• Facilitates the delivery of all pharmaceuticals to meet the needs of the customer/patient.
• Maintains the pharmacy in a neat and organized condition.
• Enters medication charges and credits for the adjudication/reconciliation of patient accounts and insurance claims billing.
• Participates in quality improvement activities utilizing performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Educates and trains new pharmacy staff, as appropriate.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
High school graduate or equivalent and be at least 18 years old
Current Montana state certification and any national certification approved by the Montana State Board of Pharmacy and meet requirements to maintain national certification which requires completion of 20 hours continuing education and payment of the appropriate fee every two years
Certified Pharmacy Technician is responsible to maintain a Billings Clinic file that contains all orientation, training, continuing education and competency assessments. This file must be available upon inspection by the State Pharmacy Inspector as required by Montana State Board of Pharmacy.
Must successfully pass the Billings Clinic Inpatient Pharmacy training competencies within the first six (6) months of employment as appropriate for each staffing area.
All staff that have the potential to compound IV medications must successfully complete and demonstrate competency with regards to the application of Billings Clinic policy PCMM-210-Guidelines for Use & Handling of Cytotoxic and Other Hazardous Drugs and departmental USP-797 policies, including passing annual media fill and gloved-fingertip sampling evaluations.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.