Billings Clinic RN Hospital IP Cancer (0.9FTE) in Billings / Billings, Montana
Job Description: THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN EMPLOYMENT INCENTIVE, RELOCATION REIMBURSEMENT, AND TUITION LOAN REPAYMENT.
Under general supervision, utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, and theoretical/clinical skills in the promotion/maintenance of health. Incorporates evidence-based nursing practices consistent with national standards and which support quality outcomes. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care. Directs the plan of care while maintaining professionalism.
The Inpatient Cancer Care Unit (ICC) is a 26-bed Medical/Surgical/Oncology unit. Our unit provides care to adults in various stages of their cancer diagnosis; this includes pre/post surgical procedures, administering chemotherapy, symptom management from chemotherapy, and pain management. Other oncology patients include gynecology/oncology patients. Our unit also cares for general medical/surgical patients such as CHF, COPD, Diabetes, various pre & post-op patients, as well as palliative care and end of life care.
Essential Job Functions
• Utilizing a holistic approach and evidence based nursing practices, incorporates the nursing process into the goal-directed
• plan of care for the patient. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care team to execute a plan of care appropriate to the needs of the patients.
• Ensures complete, accurate and timely entry into patient medical record as indicated by patient condition and documentation guidelines, consistent with departmental policies and procedures.
• Adheres to Billings Clinic safety standards, policies and practices. Anticipates and identifies problems and safety issues, then initiates appropriate action.
• Maintains appropriate skill/knowledge and application of relevant and commonly used equipment specific to area, pharmacology and laboratory values based on disease process o r physiological status.
• Utilizes evidence based practice, supported by nursing research, within specialty area.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient/resident care. Incorporates the Magnet Model in transforming the work environment and quality of nursing care.
• Takes responsibility for own professional growth and development needs; meets all system/departmental educational requirements.
• Demonstrates collaborative, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patient's families, visitors, and the interdisciplinary care team.
• Consideration is given to the appropriateness of care based on the population specific needs of the patient.
• 2 Year / Associates Degree (ASN) - Associate (or Diploma) RNs hired into this position must commit to completing their Bachelor of Nursing degree within 4 years of their date of hire. Billings Clinic will help support the cost through financial assistance
• Preferred - 4 Year / Bachelors Degree (BSN)
• At least one year of RN experience
Certifications and Licenses
• Current Montana state license as a registered nurse, or compact nursing license with ability to obtain a MT RN license within 90 days of hire date
Other Minimum Qualifications
• Inpatient Cancer Care
Experience in Oncology, preferred. Current Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Chemotherapy Biotherapy Provider Card required or willing to obtain within eighteen (18) months of hire. OCN (Oncology Certified Nurse) preferred or willing to obtain within four (4) years of hire.
THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR A EMPLOYMENT INCENTIVE
Associate (or Diploma) RNs hired into this position must commit to completing their Bachelor of Nursing degree within 4 years after their hire date. Billings Clinic will help support the cost through financial assistance.