Billings Clinic SECRETARY HOME OXYGEN DME (Per Diem) in Billings / Billings, Montana
Job Description: Under general supervision performs a variety of office responsibilities necessary for the smooth, effective, and efficient operation of Home Oxygen and DME to include but not limited to general clerical and administrative support, managing multi-line phones, scheduling appointments, pre-certification of services, charge entry, insurance billing; medical record management and managing a variety of databases.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Receives and assists visitors, patients and guests and all telephone callers using multi-phone lines, screens and prioritizes calls, assists whenever possible or directs to the appropriate individual or department as needed.
• Accounts for all patient encounters ensuring a completed charge sheet is submitted for each patient. Performs data entry of patient charges ensuring accuracy and timeliness and works with Coding Resources to ensure coding accuracy and to incorporate new and updated procedure codes are incorporated as appropriate.
• Maintains all department billing and is respon sible for collecting insurance co-pays and submission of timely and accurate claims to primary, secondary, and tertiary insurances for both electronic and paper submission. Prepares a variety of weekly and monthly reports regarding billing status.
• Schedules patient appointments and inputs orders for Sleep Studies, Home Devices, Outreach, Labs, X-rays, CT's, Pulmonary Function Testing, and Telemedicine.
• Performs secretarial and administrative duties for Sleep Disorders and Pulmonary Medicine staff including office supply ordering, faxing records, mailing patient information, filing paperwork, maintaining a clean and organized environment, and assure office equipment is functioning properly. Able to take accurate meeting minutes, create agendas, and communication flyers. Manages and updates policies, procedures, and protocols for Medical Director and Manager review and approval.
• Coordinates pre-certification process for procedures. Identifies and initiate s pre-certification/authorization requirements for individual payers and communicates with payer sources in a timely manner to obtain necessary pre-certifications/authorizations.
• Compiles monthly statistical reports of all procedures and surveys performed in the Sleep Disorders Center. Manages database for patient satisfaction surveys.
• Develops and maintains effective office procedures and efficient work flow to include telephones, office reception, filing, copying, distribution of mail, and faxing documents. Maintains confidential files and data.
• Responsible for medical records management to include creation of charts for various service areas, providing requested records for pre-certifications, pulling charts for patient appointments and contacting referring providers for needed medical records information. Prepares patient charts including Sleep Studies, Home Devices, and Outreach charts.
• Coordinates employee work schedules. Monitors patien t volumes and coordinates staffing to those volumes. Contacts staff to communicate SRAs as needed.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of service.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all system/departmental requirements.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/service, to include but not limited to rooming patients in the absence of medical assistants as well as patient touring