Billings Clinic VIDEO MONITORING CLERK - CNA LICENSED(0.6FTE) in Billings / Billings, Montana
Job Description: THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR A SIGN ON BONUS.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides continuous observation of assigned patients. The video monitoring system allows for a trained observer to monitor multiple patients simultaneously via video and intervene via 2-way audio to promote patient safety. Is a role model for personal service excellence with patients, visitors and the interdisciplinary team. Supports unit activities that are essential to the smooth functioning of the patient care area. Knowledgeable and supportive of patient and institutional confidentiality and related hospital policies.
Lead Video Monitoring Clerk - Acts as the primary resource for the Video Monitoring System. Provides education to support staff. Assists with program development and all training aspects.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Bill ings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
•Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Performs clerical duties to maintain workflow which may include paperwork coordination and daily quality checks. Effectively utilize phone systems relaying communication about patient safety needs timely and efficiently
• Demonstrates understanding and proficiency of the electronic applications to support daily staff and patient workflow, which include, but are not limited to continuous video monitoring.
• Observes patient monitor and reports changes to patient's nursing team. Maintains visual observation at all times. Verbally redirects patient over digital 2-way audio device that is in patient room. Immediately communic ates with nursing staff if the patient requires assistance.
• Maintains report on each patient and collaborates patients' care needs with the nursing team.
• Demonstrates keen observation skills to recognize patient cues to assist in keeping the patient safe. Possesses persuasion skills to redirect patients as needed.
• Interacts promptly with a polite, courteous and helpful disposition to assists patients/residents, family members, visitors and the interdisciplinary care team.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient services. Supports the Magnet Model of quality nursing care
• Adheres to Billings Clinic safety standards, policies and practices. Anticipates and identifies problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate action.
• Performs all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• ADDITIONAL DUTIES FOR THE LEAD VI DEO MONITORING CLERK (80% Clerk Duties; 20% Lead Duties)
• Educates Billings Clinic support staff and serves as the primary resource for the Video Monitoring System.
• Works with leadership in the development of training and ongoing training and education.
• Works with leadership to develop process flows for video monitoring system, data collection and reporting.
• Assist with scheduling oversight for Monitor Clerks to ensure 24/7 coverage.
Minimum High School or GED High school diploma or its equivalent
Six months CNA experience in performing patient/resident care in a health care institution, preferred
CPR Certification At hire
Current Montana license as a Certified Nursing Assistant at hire.
Other Minimum Qualifications
• Formal nurse aide training
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
• Lead position - all of the above PLUS
• Six months experience in a healthcare setting required
Expiration Date: 10/15/2022
UN-CHECK Post to the US National Labor Exchange network ($25)