Billings Clinic Applications Analyst - Clinical - Health Care Quality Support in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Applications Analyst - Clinical - Health Care Quality Support
IT CLINICAL (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Exempt)
Starting Salary DOE: $56,243 - $68,806
The IT Applications Analyst serves as the primary technology resource for clinical information systems within a business unit and/or division with a Revenue Cycle Focus. Responsibilities include planning and design of business solutions and resources needed to meet business goals/objectives, facilitate the integration of data, information, knowledge and/or systems to support improved productivity, efficiency, decision making, and/or quality outcomes.
Position is responsible for implementing and operational support of system configurations, analyzing data, information and information system requirements. Provides technical expertise as a consultant to the user community for Billings Clinic and its regional partners. Responsible for on-going training and education of all user personnel within assigned support areas.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Provides day to day operational support for Health Care Quality. Participates in supported system implementations for Billings Clinic and its regional partners.
• Acts as a liaison and expert with the end-user community, and software vendors to identify problems and concerns regarding the overall performance and/or effectiveness of the technologies and workflows that impact supported users. Researches, analyzes and provides recommendations for corrective action to resolve problems with the internal functionality of the system and/or integration of information between systems. Collaborates with the technical resources and/or software vendor with recommendations for system enhancements, detailed information regarding technical or functionality problems and assists with implementation of recommended fixes.
• Utilizes lifelong learning skills to maintain current knowledge of trends and developments related to specific role and/or area of expertise as it relates to information management systems and the assigned department, business unit and/or organization. Identifies and seeks out growth opportunities and shares knowledge with colleagues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
• Highly organized with attention to detail and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
• Take ownership and accountability of assignments and demonstrating a strong, self motivated work ethic.
• Project management skills with ability to participate in projects and teams.
• Analytical and decision making skills
• Creative problem solving skills
• Healthcare Experience
• Office 365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, *PowerPoint and Project)
• Demonstrate a capacity to quickly learn subject and technical matter for assigned applications during implementation, maintenance and updates on supported systems.
• Provide front line application support for Billings Clinic and Regional end-users.
• Provide a bridge role between IT and the user community, communicating and translating between different perspectives or views about operations using different vocabulary to match those views.
• Build and maintain relationships with end-user staff to better understand their objectives, needs and expectations.
• Understand and document operational support and assist with workflow documentation to ensure systems perform as expected.
• Participates in cross-functional teams and projects to ensure integration of new business initiatives within processes and systems.
• Execute test scripts and test plans
• Develops and conducts user training in applications either 1:1 or in a group setting
• Work with external vendors and internal staff/teams within Billings Clinic to troubleshoot system issues, ensure system security, stability, reliability and flexibility to meet business needs.
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the vision, strategy and tactics of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• Adheres to policy and procedures of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• Responsible for providing home internet access and cell phone
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience (2+years) in health care, IT or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience related to the identified tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
• Background in Health Care Quality
Certifications and Licenses
• Current Montana medical license/certification a plus, but not required
• Current state driver’s license and the ability to be insured to operate Billings Clinic vehicles
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.