Montana State University Billings Assistant/Associate Professor of Management in Billings, Montana
Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant/Associate Professor of Management will be primarily responsible for teaching the capstone course (business strategy) and the entrepreneurship course. Teaching of other undergraduate management courses may also be required to fulfill contractual obligations regarding course load. Both on-site and online delivery methods are required for all courses. A strong secondary academic discipline (e.g. marketing, MIS, etc.) is highly desired.
The capstone course(s) (business strategy) provides students with practical experience in creating business plans and providing strategic advice to clients from regional businesses. Other methods of providing experiential learning and engagement with the community in the course may be proposed by the candidate.
The normal load for this position is seven sections of courses each academic year. Scholarly activity, publications, service, and contribution to the maintenance of the college’s AACSB accreditation are required.
Required Qualifications - Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
• Ph.D. in management or business administration with a management emphasis
• ABD’s will be considered but degree must be completed before employment start date
• Ability and interest in undergraduate teaching
• Experience in research and ability to execute a research agenda
• Ability and willingness to develop teach sections/courses online
• Applicants must be authorized to work in the US. MSUB will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Preferred Qualifications - Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
• Experience teaching capstone (business strategy) and entrepreneurship
• Experience teaching with experiential learning activities and projects
• Ability to interact with business community
• Previous private sector/practical experience in related areas
• Record of refereed journal publications
• Experience teaching online courses