Jim and Tracys Alignment Automotive Mechanic in Billings, Montana
A busy repair shop is seeking an experienced (1year at least) mechanic for long term employment.
Real shop experience mandatory, must have own tools.
Responsible for performing maintenance and repairs of a significant nature on trucks and all types of equipment, and/or assisting with repairs/improvements/maintenance of trucks and equipment to assure it is in safe working condition.
* Safely operate equipment, standard and specialty tools, welders, hoists, and other lifting devices, etc., on a daily basis.
* Troubleshooting truck and equipment maintenance problems to properly diagnose components to determine method and extent of repair necessary. Read, interpret, analyze, and apply information in technical manuals and schematics.
* Anticipate needed parts and supplies, disassemble truck, equipment, and parts, fabricate parts when needed, and reassemble truck, equipment, and parts.
* Use cutting torch and perform welding tasks.
* Clean work areas.
* Fill out shop repair orders daily.
* Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, and written). Frequent contact and communication with others, within and outside the company. Self-motivated team-player with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently or in a team setting; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous and respectful of others.
* Proven experience handling multiple projects and priorities while maintaining tight deadlines; highly organized with attention to detail.
* Accurately complete work orders or other maintenance repair documentation.
* Ensure OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
High school diploma or the equivalent
Working knowledge of truck repair and maintenance
One-Two years of experience as Technician, Technician's helper, or apprentice in semi-truck shop.
Manual dexterity. Good judgment
Ability to operate power and hand tools and other equipment safely
Working knowledge of P/C and Laptop Computers
*Competitive wages and is paid at an hourly rate, based on your qualifications and performance