Franz Bakery Bakery Maintenance Engineer Billings in Billings, Montana
United States Bakery
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. US Bakery requests priority referrals of Protected Veterans for this job opening, and all other externally posted company employment opportunities.
OverviewRequisition Number: 7529
Date Posted: 10/26/2018
Location: Billings Plant
Address: 5150 Midland Road
Category: Equipment Maintenance/Engineering
JOB SUMMARY: Bakery Maintenance Engineers will perform required repairs and maintenance tasks as assigned in an orderly, timely, and cost conscious manner on a variety of bakery production equipment, freezers, and/or facilities.
SHIFT & HOURS: New employees will be assigned to any work day: Monday through Sunday; and any shift: Day, Swing and/or Graveyard based upon production needs. A set schedule of days and shifts will be based solely upon the union bid process.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt position
- Responsible for preventive maintenance, diagnosis and repair of all pieces of equipment within the bakery including: production equipment; building (inside construction) and facility grounds.
- Responsible for maintaining the equipment's productivity to minimize downtime or malfunctions. Some tasks are required to be performed within rigid time frames to maximize bakery product productivity.
- Performs inside construction which may include framing, plumbing and electrical components.
- Ensures all work areas are clean, safe, and follows company GMP's.
- Works in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with federal and state requirements at all times.
- Maintains accurate and timely records of work performed on work orders, maintenance calls, and preventative maintenance reports.
- Prepares specific and accurate parts request forms.
- Responds to maintenance and line stoppage calls with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Provides emergency repairs quickly and efficiently.
- Performs duties in all areas within maintenance department.
- Provides technical assistance and information to Chief Engineer, as needed.
- Displays initiative in recognizing work to be accomplished and makes recommendations to Chief Engineer.
- Additional duties and/or responsibilities as assigned
Minimum RequirementsMinimum Requirements
- High school graduate or GED required.
- LME license strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in similar maintenance of production line equipment and facilities at a large commercial or artisan bakery is preferred.
- Work experience in other similar equipment maintenance of industrial, manufacturing or production-line equipment may substitute.
- Ability to work in a high temperature environment supporting fast paced machinery.
- Ability to quickly learn new job tasks and flexibility to work in different jobs as needed.
- Must be able to work any day, including holidays, or any shift.
- Must have reliable attendance to meet employer's attendance standards for 24/7 production facility.
- Adherence to company core values.