Billings Clinic Cath Lab EP Tech in Billings, Montana
Position may be eligible for $20,000 sign on bonus
Relocation Assistance Offered
The Electrophysiology Technologist assists and performs adult diagnostic and interventional electrophysiology procedures. This includes, EP studies, RF ablations, and device implantation. The EPT is competent in the operation and troubleshooting skills of EP specialty equipment and x-ray system such as EP monitoring/stimulating systems and intra-cardiac echocardiography. High degree of understanding and interpretation of EKG and cardiac arrythmias. Works well with a team and is an effective team member.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Scrub/Circulate/Monitor: Scrub assistant to the physician. Sets up and maintains the sterile field and procedural equipment. Performs all procedures with proper sterile technique. Knowledge of medications pertinent to the procedures. Safely transports patients to and from the Cath lab. Provides procedural education to the patient/family. Able to operate and troubleshoot Cath lab procedural equipment. Monitors patients throughout
• Equipment operations: Responsible for operating and troubleshooting all equipment in the EP lab. This equipment includes, but is not limited to x-ray, EP monitor ing system and database, intravascular ultrasound, RF ablation system, cardiac stimulator, 12 lead ECG machine, and cautery/grounding. This role will be the primary person for troubleshooting equipment, reporting problems to internal or external service representatives and documenting such. Also, work closely with the Bio Medical Department to ensure that preventative maintenance is done timely.
• Interpretation: Must be able to accurately perform procedural electrogram measurements, calculations, and analysis and interpret 12 lead ECG. Identify Cardiac arrythmias.
• Resource and training: Provide informal training on EP related topics for team members. Assists with the orientation and training of new staff members. Communicates regularly with other staff regarding changes in the EP room, workflow schedule or physician protocols.
• Products: Works with Supply tech to ensure accurate PAR levels and needed equipment is available for procedures. Maintains kno wledge of products thorough enough to give appropriate suggestions based on inventory and procedural needs.
• Informs management of any unusual concerns, situations or conditions relative to patients, staff or physicians.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Attends Cath lab staff meetings and participates in departmental committees as required.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization. Utilizes non-procedure time in a constructive manner benefit the department/organization. Assumes equitable share of department housekeeping duties (cleaning, restocking, filing, etc.).