Billings Clinic Claims Specialist I in BILLINGS, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
All new employees must complete several pre-employment requirements prior to starting. Click here (https://billingsclinic.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=15&c=billingsclinic) to learn more!
Claims Specialist I
PATIENT FINANCIAL SERVICES (ROCKY MOUNTAIN PROFESSIONAL BUILDING)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $15.00 - 17.25
The Claim Specialist’s main focus is to obtain maximum and appropriate reimbursement for all claims from government and third party payers. The Claims Specialist is responsible for preparing and submitting timely and accurate insurance claims to government and third party payers, assisting in the implementation of payer regulations and ensuring compliance to the regulatory requirements, and verifying payments and adjustments are appropriately applied to accounts based on government, contract or other regulations or agreements. The Claims Specialist is responsible for appropriate follow up on all accounts pending payment from government and third party payers.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• Responsible for submission of timely and accurate claims to primary, secondary, and tertiary insurances for both electronic and paper submission. Generates telephone calls to insurance carriers to follow up on insurance using reports generated for this purpose to ensure the timely collection of money due on the account.
• Audits accounts by verifying that reimbursement amounts are appropriate, coordination of refunds, if appropriate, and coordinating adjustments when necessary, claims appeals or resubmissions, moving balances from insurance responsibility to patient responsibility when appropriate, and reviews and resolves credit balances.
• Ensure that claims have appropriate information on them for submission to insurance companies or agencies by reviewing errors and other prebilling insurance reports/worklists. Analyzes and review claims to ensure that payer specific regulations and requirements are met.
• Prepares and presents verbally and in writing challenges to third party payers for additional reimbursement for denied charges and/or reductions in reimbursement as appropriate.
• Provides guidance and or assistance to the cashiers.
• Provides timely follow-up on correspondence received from the insurance carrier or patient.
• Responds to inquiries from customers/other departments/insurance carriers regarding insurance coverage issues, coordination of benefits, reconciliation of account balances and complaints regarding services received. Initiates appropriate follow-up on outstanding issues.
• Sets up registration and insurance information when necessary.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• High School or GED
• One year of previous office experience
• Patient accounts or insurance billing experience preferred
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.