Billings Clinic CNA, Hospital - Inpatient Surgical Unit(0.9FTE) in Billings, Montana
THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR A SIGN ON BONUS.
Under general supervision of a licensed Nurse assists in the delivery of patient/resident care. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary care team to meet the physical, psychosocial, educational and spiritual needs of the patient/resident and family.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Utilizing a holistic approach, performs basic nursing care and treatments within scope of practice as directed by the licensed nurse to include the goal-directed plan of care for the patient.
• Ensures complete, accurate and timely entry into patient medical record as indicated by patient need and documentation guidelines, consistent with departmental policies and procedures, to include, but not limited to, activities of daily living (ADLs), vital signs, intake and output measurements and hourly rounding.
• Adheres to Billings Clinic safety standards, policies and practices. Anticipates and identifies problems and safety issues, then initiates appropriate action.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient/resident care. Supports the Magnet Model of quality nursing care.
• Demonstrates collaborative, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patients/residents, families, visitors, and the interdisciplinary care team.
• Acts as a resource, role model and mentor. Responds to questions and assists with problem resolution.
• Takes responsibility for identification of own growth and develo pment needs; meets all system and departmental educational and continuing education requirements.
• Performs all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• For level II: Completes yearly level II competency checklist.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Six months CNA experience in performing patient/resident care in a health care institution, preferred
Certifications and Licenses
• Certified Nursing Assistant
• CPR Certification