Billings Clinic CNA, Hospital - LDRP (0.9) in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to once again be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
CNA, Hospital - LDRP (0.9)
I/P OBSTETRICS - LDRP (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 0.90 = 72 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $14.50 - $17.50/hr
Under general supervision of a licensed Nurse or Physician assists in the delivery of patient/resident care. Works collaboratively with the Physician, RN, and the LPN to meet the physical, psychosocial, educational and spiritual needs of the patient/resident and family. Assists with C-sections including preparing the LDRP OR suite. Assists with cleaning and stocking between cases and maintains a good working knowledge of surgical asepsis. Float to NICU. Act as Unit Clerk
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Performs basic nursing care and treatments as directed by the licensed nurse/physician and documents care provided in the patient medical record in accordance with established policies and procedures. (Patient Care, Nursing, CNA Scope of Practice)
• Assists patient/resident activities of daily living. Obtains and records vital signs including blood pressure, pulse, respiration and temperature. This may include patient transport. (Patient Care, Nursing, ADL & Vital Signs)
• Measures, documents and provides for patient, including intake of food and fluid which includes partial and total assistance with feedings; output from bodily functions/specified drainage devices and collection of specimens as directed by the licensed nurse/physician. (Patient Care, Nursing, CNA Documentation)
• Identifies and anticipates problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate action. core
• Demonstrates positive, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patient/resident, families, visitors, physicians, staff and others. core
• Provides basic patient room housekeeping, which may include linen changes and restocking supplies required for patient care. (Environment of Care, Cleaning, Patient Care Environment)
• Cross-trained to cover front desk duties to support the unit, including answering the phone, welcoming guests (Patient Care, Nursing, FBC Front Desk)
• Able to assist with circumcisions (Patient Care, Nursing, LDRP Newborn Duties)
• Able to properly set up and clean up for vaginal deliveries (Patient Care, Nursing, Vaginal Deliveries)
• Responsible to complete newborn hearing screenings see #9
• Sterile technique, including infection control and personal protective equipment. (Patient Care, Surgical Services, Sterile Field)
• Cross-trained to support NICU, responsible to complete NICU annual competencies (Patient Care, Nursing, CNA NICU duties)
• Performs all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficient in basic patient care and treatment, planning and observation within the scope of practice for a Certified Nursing Assistant
• Competent to perform routine, non-complex aspects of patient care, treatments and procedures
• Analytical skills necessary to understand a variety of basic and/or routine problem scenarios associated with patient care
• Refers more difficult problems to a Level II staff person, LPN, RN, physician and/or non-physician provider
• Practices within scope of practice as determined by state regulations and Billings Clinic guidelines
• Work is performed under the clinical supervision of the RN or LPN
• Work is performed independently in accordance with assigned schedules and operating procedures
• Assumes responsibility for the follow-up of problem scenarios and coordinates appropriately with the LPN, RN, and/or physician
• Expected to prioritize all aspects of job performance
• Interpersonal skills which enable the incumbent to appropriately respond to a variety of patient/family requests and inquiries, to respond to inquiries from physicians, nursing staff and other health care providers, and to check for understanding, allay apprehension and enlist cooperation of the patient
• Ability to utilize and apply PSE skill
• Demonstrated personal accountability in all facets of role responsibilities
• Process Improvement / Quality Assurance /Risk Management
• Adheres to patient safety goals and standards
• Participates in QI/RM activities within the department
• Fiscal Responsibility
• Participates in the financial viability of Billings Clinic by ensuring appropriate utilization of supplies and equipment and maximizing the flow of patient care to maximize effective utilization of the nursing staff’s time
• Assists patient/resident activities of daily living, such as baths, oral hygiene, grooming, toileting, ambulating and turning
• Basic laboratory specimen handling and processing (urinalysis, blood sugars, etc.)
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Six (6) months related work experience in a health care environment
Certifications and Licenses
• Certified Nursing Assistant
• CPR Certification
THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR A SIGN ON BONUS.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.