St. John's Lutheran Ministries CNA - Paid In Training in Billings, Montana
Paid in Training! This St. John's Lutheran Ministries C.N.A. Class (normal fee of $800) will be held at no charge to selected applicants who are interested and able to commit to working for St. John's up to but not limited to 1 year of employment. Accepted applicants would be paid at minimum wage ($8.50) during the 80 hours of training. After successful completion of the C.N.A. training, and offer of employment, wage would be adjusted. All applications for this class must be completed here online to be considered for the class. Space is limited. For more information on any C.N.A. training at St. John's, please feel free to contact Kylie @ (406) 655-5920.:
Under general supervision, provides direct care to residents and assists with activities of daily living. Provides effective, timely, and quality health care assistance and related support for nursing facility residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION: :
- Assists residents with bathing functions according to resident care plan and as directed (i.e. Bedbath, tub, or showerbath, etc).
- Assists residents with daily dental and mouth care (i.e. Brushing teeth/dentures, oral hygiene, special mouthcare, etc).
- Assists residents with undressing/dressing as necessary.
- Assists residents with hair care functions (i.e. Combing, brushing, shampooing, etc).
- Assists residents with nail care (i.e. Clipping, trimming, and cleaning the finger/toenails).
- Assists residents with shaving (female residents- facial hair, under arms, legs, etc. as instructed. Male residents- facial hair)
- Keep residents dry (i.e. Change gown clothing, linen, etc. when it becomes wet or soiled).
- Position residents in correct and comfortable positions for pressure relief.
- Assists residents with bowel and bladder functions (i.e. Take to bathroom, offer portable commode, change Prevails, etc.)
- Assists residents in preparing for social programs, activities, and appointments (i.e. Church, parties, visitors, doctor’s appointments, etc).
- Assists residents with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, and lifts, etc.
- Assists residents to walk with or without self- help devices as instructed.
- Provides eye and ear care for residents (i.e. Cleaning eyeglasses, hearing aides, etc).
- Answers resident call lights promptly and ensure that residents who are unable to call for help are checked on regularly.
- Assist with the care of the dying resident, maintaining hope, dignity, and love for the resident at all times.
- Provide post-mortem care as instructed. REQUIREMENTS::
Minimum Requirements: :
High school diploma or GED preferred. Prior experience in a human service or health care setting preferred. Must possess a current Montana State Nurses Aide Certification, or have completed the SJLM CNA Course and will obtain certification within 120 days of class completion.