FieldCore Service Solutions LLC Controls Field Engineer FEP, ( 24-8619) in Billings, Montana
A TFA FEP is an entry level position. You will start by being enrolled in FieldCore's Field Engineering Program (FEP). While in the FEP, you will develop in-depth technical expertise, lean thinking and leadership skills and will have a unique opportunity to go through:
- In-person and Online training Curriculum
- On-the-job trainings
- Learning from experienced Technical Field Advisors (TFA's)
You will gain experience and grow your career while traveling and helping provide power to communities. Upon successful graduation from the FEP program, you will be eligible for a TFA Controls position.
The TFA Controls manages controls activities on site during the Installation and Commissioning and Maintenance of heavy-duty turbines/equipment (generator or mechanical drive); Responsible for reviewing plant engineering documents and P&ID's, troubleshooting of plant systems and equipment, planning, organizing, integrating and direction of resources such as labor, tools and materials as required to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
- Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments will be required
- Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments
- Actively manage controls activities on site during Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance of heavy-duty equipment, PLCs and other GE provided controls systems (MKVIe, MKVI, MKV, ..etc.)
- Read and interpret piping and instrument diagrams (P&ID)
- Provide timely and accurate internal and external reports
- Provide expert consultation on complex projects
- Provide customers with technical direction and support on Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) packaged products
- May be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization's core values.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Strong technical competence in reading and interpreting electrical/mechanical flow and instrument diagrams.
- Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments will be required.
- Understand PLC ladder logic, including basic understanding of how to navigate through ladder rungs while troubleshooting
- Have basic networking and programming knowledge
- English proficiency required
- Experience in Field Services or Power Generation.
- Positive can-do attitude with the ability to communicate with internal and external customers.
- Experience with Gas Turbine Driver Control Systems and Auxiliary Systems
- Experience on Mark VI, Mark Vie, Mark V controls systems, preferable
- Ability to understand and implement controls software
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Strong analytic, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn and problem solve
- Strong ownership and work ethic
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Extensive training opportunities and mentorship
- Classroom and virtual trainings
- Regional and Global exposure
- Working on multimillion dollar equipment
- Wide range of career path opportunities
- LEAN training
- Learning and developing communication skills
The annual salary range for this position is $63,200 to $108,800. This is an exempt from overtime position. FieldCore benefits include insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability, and life), retirement savings, health and Wellness reimbursement, and a bonus or incentive program. Eligibility for FieldCore benefits is determined under the terms of the applicable benefits plan.
FieldCore,part of GE Vernova, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation sector. Our team includes more than 10,000 of the foremost experts in field services all focused on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. Our Core Values of Safety, Integrity, Quality and Inclusion are the foundation of everything we do to empower the people who power the world. For more information visit our website
FieldCore is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law