St. John's Lutheran Ministries Cook in Billings, Montana
Produces quality food for residents, staff, and guests of St. John’s United. Prepares, seasons, cooks, fries, bakes a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes, and other food items that meet various diet restrictions and/or menu plans, ensuring quality and quantity standards are maintained.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Food Production
- Collects food ingredients and supplies from storeroom as required for daily operations.
- Reviews production schedule and menu to determine food requirements including variety and quantity of food for preparation and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily cooking activities.
- Seasons and prepares a wide variety of foods consistent with the menu.
- Measures, weighs and combines ingredients for quantity preparation.
- Slices, grinds, and cooks meats and vegetables using a full range of cooking methods. Tests foods being cooked for quality.
- Carves and displays food items.
- Disposes of spoiled and/or outdated food.
- Prepares and bakes simple baked goods.
- Assists with meal preparation for catered events.
- Prepares meals in accordance with special diet statements.
- Monitors temperatures of coolers and freezers during shift.
- Kitchen sanitation and safety
- Maintains clean work areas, utensils, and equipment.
- Practices appropriate sanitation and safety techniques in accord with Serv Safe.
- Obtains Serv Safe Certification.
- Practices appropriate knife and equipment safety at all times.
- Performs daily and weekly cleaning duties as assigned.
- Labels all foods appropriately.
- Protects equipment, utensils, food, and other items of inventory from contamination, spoilage, and pilferage. REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or GED preferred. Prior experience in a kitchen/restaurant/food service setting required.