Billings Clinic Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - Per Diem in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - Per Diem
MATERNAL FETAL MEDICINE (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Shift: Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE
The incumbent in this position is responsible for performing diagnostic imaging services in the specialty of Ultrasound. The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer is responsible for the operation of a variety of equipment to produce images of the patient’s body for diagnostic purposes. The sonographer is responsible for providing exposure in the field of Ultrasound to the Radiologic Technologist program students and may provide instruction to Ultrasound interns. Interviews patients, explains procedures, and assists in positioning the patient for procedures. Reviews test results with the radiologists and referring physicians.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic sonography examinations as ordered by the physician.
• Assumes responsibility for the safety, mental and physical comfort of all patients in the sonographic area. Interviews patient, explains examination procedures and process and assists in positioning the patient for scans.
• Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images. Coordinates with other staff to assure appropriate patient care is provided.
• Coordinates scheduling, transportation and scanning of patients.
• Maintains patient examination records in accordance with Billings Clinic policies, procedures and standards.
• Assists physicians with invasive Ultrasound guidance procedures as appropriate to service needs.
• Analyzes sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information, medical history, and utilizes independent judgment during the sonographic exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings. Prepares preliminary reports and/or checklist for the interpreting physician. Reviews exam with the interpreting physician as requested. Communicates with attending and referring physicians as appropriate.
• Maintains ultrasound equipment and work area in a neat, organized manner and maintains adequate supplies.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance. Participates in maintenance of laboratory accreditation. Complies with general training required by Billings Clinic as well as specific training required of the position.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of ultrasound, vascular and echocardiography technology.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) Procedures (Level III)
• US OB Complete >14 wks
• Addition Gestation >14 wks
• Early OB Complete<14 wks
• Early OB Additional <14 wks
• OB TV
• OB Detail Complete
• OB Detail Additional
• OB Ltd
• OB Follow-up
• Biophysical Profile
• Fetal Cord Doppler
• Fetal Doppler F/U of Ltd
• Color Flow only
• Fetal Ultrasound Guidance
• Nuchal Translucency screening
4 Year / Bachelors of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Certifications and Licenses
•Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) – encompassing diagnostic medical sonology with sub specialties in abdomen, breast sonology, neurosonology, obstetrics and gynecology, and small parts.
•Current Health Care Provider CPR Certification
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.