Billings Clinic Director of Project Management & Construction in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to once again be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Director of Project Management & Construction
CONSTRUCTION/PROP MGMT (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: *based on Market Analysis
This position is responsible for managing a team of individuals in coordinating, and directing all activities related to new and remodel projects within Billings Clinic main campus and remote locations. Will be responsible for all phases of the project delivery process from advanced planning, design budgeting, bidding, construction and occupancy. This position will maintain budget and timelines related to the project. This position will oversee all safety and regulatory compliances related to the project. This position will coach, train, mentor, conduct performance reviews, and take corrective action as appropriate.
• Staff development-Responsible to evaluate candidates and hire tor project management and other staff positions in Project Management. Shall mentor, train and coach staff as necessary to improve job performance
• Monitor and review monthly status reports on project schedules, progress reports, procurement of Owner items, updates, issues and status reports to Vice President of Facilities.
• Shall prepare monthly reports on cost, schedules, issues and reviews with Vice President of Facilities on all active projects
• Shall conduct annual performance reviews of Project Management staff and discuss with Vice President of Facilities.
• Ensures historical database of cost, plans, records, reports, as-builts, project documents and other archived materials relating to electronic filing facility systems are complet
Project Delivery & Procurement
• Advanced planning and predesign activities in identifying, evaluating, and recommending potential building sites for new facility and existing building space. Assist in developing business plan and space program for new project. Develop concept budgets based on historical data
• Participates into the selection of engineers, architects, consultants, contractors, equipment suppliers, and vendors for projects. • Leads the selection process as necessary to keep project on schedule.
• Ensures project is coordinated and collaborated with department(s) facility design and construction teams
• Reviews and approves contract agreements with Architects, Engineers, Consultants, Contractors, major medical equipment and owner furnished items.
• Reviews, monitors and ensure project close out is timely and occupancy occurs smoothly
• Leads effort in coordinating and collaborating with Information and Technology needs and staff for Medical Equipment.
Budget & Cost Management
• Leads and provide coaching in the development of comprehensive project budgets, design, engineering, consultants, construction, owner furnished items and medical equipment. Project budgets as it relates to use, remodel, design, construction, expansion, and acquisition of current and future system facilities and real property assets. Review and monitor project costs and ensuring budget conformance and taking corrective action as appropriate.
• Reviews and approves payment applications, work directives, change orders, and related contract documents for final approval by Vice President of Facilities.
Quality Control / Assurance
• Leads efforts to improve quality and outcomes on project delivery through continuous improvement, evidence-based design, best practice and other proactive processes.
• Conducts periodic audit of onsite quality control, work being put in place, and ICRA during construction.
Planning & Scheduling
• Responsible for early involvement of planning and evaluations of new projects.
• Ensure proper scheduling is utilized on projects, periodically review project schedules, and discuss corrective action required. • Update Vice President of Facilities on any major deviations to schedule.
• Depending on departmental workload, this position may also project manage.
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Performs all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Knowledge of, skills & abilities:
• Computer programs and systems relating to design, engineering and construction management to include budgeting and scheduling
• Diverse facility planning
• Building and healthcare codes- Federal, State and Local
• Leadership theories and principles
• Fiscal management including budget development, monitoring and take corrective action
• Contract law as it relates to design and construction contracts
• Safety and hazardous materials guidelines and precautions
• Issues management and decision-making processes
• Engineering practices and principles
• Quality programs, continuous improvement principles and theories
• Request for proposals and bidding process and selecting firms
• Understanding of medical equipment and needs for project
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Microsoft Office Programs (i.e., Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, etc.)
• Design and construction project development and management
• Cost/benefit analysis
• Developing and presenting materials to a diverse group of audiences
• Development and implementation of quality programs
• Delegation and conflict resolution
• Advanced analytical and critical thinking to assist with problem avoidance and resolution
• Data analysis
• Train, coach and mentoring staff as necessary
• Inspection and observation of work in progress
• Development and managing contracts and purchase orders
• Quality and continuous improvement processes
• Ability to plan and schedule projects
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities
• Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments
• Interpret policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements; identify non-compliance and take appropriate action
• Work with diverse groups of internal and external agencies, vendors, and staff
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Utilize independent judgment, make appropriate decisions, and delegate work appropriately
Complexity & Difficulty:
• Managing multiple personnel and skills
• Decisions regarding budgeting, fiscal control, design and construction development impact the financial viability of Billings Clinic
• Must ensure adherence to governmental or regulatory requirements and standards which will impact the design, operation and have financial consequences
• Ability to problem solve and drive positive outcomes
• 4 Year / Bachelors Degree in construction field such as engineering, architecture or construction technology.
Years Of Experience
• Minimum fifteen years of design and construction related experience in Healthcare.
Other Minimum Qualifications
• Ability to train, coach and mentor staff
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
• Work is performed in a variety of settings, including normal office environment and construction sites with outdoor exposure.
• Requires ability to travel to construction sites both on the main Billings Clinic campus and to remote and branch locations.
• Duties associated with construction activities and site review will require climbing, stooping, bending, and extended periods of walking or standing on uneven terrain.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.