Billings Clinic EEG Tech I in Billings, Montana
Job Description: In accordance with established procedures, performs EEG (including on-call rotation), Evoked Potentials, Autonomic and/or Nerve Conduction Studies. The technologists are responsible for complete and accurate patient preparation, data acquisition, and providing a safe testing environment. Must have demonstrated communication, problem solving and organizational ability. Must be highly organized, efficient, and able to work independently.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Prepares patient for the procedure ordered. Obtains pertinent patient information for performing procedure. Explains procedure to patient and obtains patient's cooperation for best performance of procedure. Accurately measures prior to electrode/capsule application and prepares patient according to specific test procedure. Properly and accurately applies recording electrodes and lowers electrode resistance. Inputs appropriate patient information into computer. .
• Operates instrument for the test performed. Ensures all equipment is operational prior to procedure. Troubleshoots eq uipment malfunction. Identifies and reports equipment problems to supervisor. Correctly performs mechanical and biological calibration on appropriate equipment.
• Performs appropriate procedure for physician interpretation. Evaluates patient referral and clinical notes to ensure appropriate testing is performed. Follows established test protocols. Recognizes and discriminates between normal and abnormal patterns/waveforms; deviates from procedure as appropriate. Changes instrument control settings as appropriate for optimum test results. Verifies that all data, calculations and patient information is correct.
• Responsible for cleanliness/maintenance of electrodes and follows established infection control guidelines.
• Interacts with patients according to patient care guidelines. Communicates appropriate test instructions to patient.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Additional Duties for EEG Tech II
• Participates in the teaching and training of others.
• Read graphs, distinguish abnormal characteristics and detect artifacts.
• Ability to troubleshoot issues with monitoring equipment and work with vendors/bio med to fix issues.