Billings Clinic EKG Technician Cardiology Clinic (.01) in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
All new employees must complete several pre-employment requirements prior to starting. Click here (https://billingsclinic.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=15&c=billingsclinic) to learn more!
EKG Technician Cardiology Clinic (.01)
CARDIOLOGY (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 16.55 - 19.45
According to previously defined procedures and upon request of a physician, operates electrocardiographic equipment, cardiac event monitor equipment, and stress testing equipment to record and/or analyze the electrical impulses of the heart, for physician use in the diagnosis of heart disorders. Individual is responsible for setting up, applying and removing cardiac monitor equipment. Responsible for associated clerical and assigned duties.
Essential Job Functions
• Develops a complete understanding of electrocardiogram (EKG) analysis and maintains a high level of knowledge by utilizing education opportunities.
• Maintains, cleans, troubleshoots and operates EKG carts, various cardiac monitors and stress test equipment to conduct numerous diagnostic tests throughout the facility. Maintains all department equipment and supplies including cleaning, ordering, and stocking.
• Reviews patient chart and history, introduces self, acquires two forms of patient ID, and educates by explaining purpose and procedure of the test to the patient. Assures consent forms are signed and in order.
• Attaches electrodes to the proper predetermined positions according to American Heart Association (AHA). Observes patient privacy/confidentiality at all times.
• Assists providers with various stress testing protocols. In the clinic assists with Tilt Tables.
• Operates computer systems, performs clerical duties including data entry, billing, order review/entry, chart review, EKG review, Alerts appropriate staff of critical arrhythmias and abnormalities, billing and charting errors. This list is not all inclusive.
• Organizes and adjusts work schedule; to preform STAT and now orders, routine orders, new admissions in hospital, walk-ins, outpatient testing, and fluctuations in patient workload. Affiliates and outreach account assistance and other provider's requests.
• Acts as a resource in providing technical support and assistance to affiliates, outreach accounts and providers. Assists in the orientation, skill development and skill competency of other personnel. Participates in the completion of peer performance/competency reviews.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development, meets all mandatory departmental and system requirements.
• High School or GED
• Six (6) months previous ECG, cardiac event monitor and stress testing experience, preferred
Certifications and Licenses
• CPR at hire
• Completion of the Certified Cardiac Technician (CCT) exam within three (3) years of employment, preferred
Or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.