Billings Clinic EKG Technician Cardiology - Per Diem in Billings, Montana
EKG Technician Cardiology - Per Diem
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem
Starting Wage DOE: $14.18 - $17.01
According to previously defined procedures and upon request of a physician, operates electrocardiographic equipment, holter monitor equipment, and stress testing equipment to record and/or analyze the electrical impulses of the heart, for physician use in the diagnosis of heart disorders. Individual is responsible for setting up, applying and removing cardiac monitor equipment. Responsible for associated clerical and assigned duties. Performs duties under minimal supervision.
Essential Job Functions
• Develops a complete understanding of electrocardiogram (EKG) analysis and maintains a high level
of knowledge by utilizing education opportunities.
• Maintains, cleans, troubleshoots and operates EKG carts, various cardiac monitors and stress test
equipment to conduct numerous diagnostic tests throughout the facility. Maintains all department
equipment and supplies including cleaning, ordering, and stocking.
• Reviews patient chart and history, introduces self, acquires two forms of patient ID, and educates by
explaining purpose and procedure of the test to the patient. Assures consent forms are signed and in
• Attaches electrodes to the proper predetermined positions according to American Heart Association
(AHA). Observes patient privacy/confidentiality at all times.
• Assists providers with various stress testing protocols. In the clinic assists with Tilt Tables and
• Operates computer systems, performs clerical duties including data entry, billing, order
review/entry, chart review, EKG review, Alerts appropriate staff of critical arrhythmias and
abnormalities, billing and charting errors. This list is not all inclusive.
• Responds to all CPR codes; begins or relieves CPR compressions and assists per order of the team
captain (HOSPITAL ONLY) Organizes and adjusts work schedule; to preform STAT and now orders,
routine orders, new admissions in hospital, walk-ins, outpatient testing, and fluctuations in patient
workload. Affiliates and outreach account assistance and other provider's requests.
• Acts as a resource in providing technical support and assistance to affiliates, outreach accounts and
providers. Assists in the orientation, skill development and skill competency of other personnel.
Participates in the completion of peer performance/competency reviews.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growt h and development, meets all mandatory departmental
and system requirements
• Courses in mathematics and science, preferred
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Six (6) months previous ECG, holter monitor and stress testing experience, preferred
• Must complete the Billings Clinic cardiac arrhythmia course with passing score of 85% or better within the first year of employment (class offerings are available quarterly)
• Healthcare Provider CPR Certification
• ?Completion of the Certified Cardiac Technician (CCT) exam within three (3) years of employment, preferred
• Or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.