Billings Clinic Electrophysiology Technician in Billings, Montana
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours
Starting Wage DOE: $13.53 - $16.24
The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting with all aspects of pacemaker, defibrillator
and event recording follow-up. This includes the management of the device database, transtelephonic
pacemaker and rhythm checks, event recording application and follow-up, as well as assisting with
device interrogations and patient education.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of DBC and
• Performs cardiac pacemaker checks via remote follow up.
• Assists with inpatient and outpatient pacemaker and defibrillator interrogations and
reprogrammings. Coordinates closely with the nurse\ physician\ nurse practioner regarding changes in
patient condition or equipment status.
• Performs post pacemaker and defibrillator teaching according to education protocol. Provide
patient instruction on the use of equipment for remote transmissions and assists in troubleshooting
• Manages clinic electrophysiology inventory and supplies.
• Maintains specialized database for Electrophysiology clinic. Inputs all device and patient
data. Develops and maintains hard copy patient files.
• Serves as patient advocate responding to questions and concerns. Answers common
pacemaker/defibrillator ques tions and follows through to get appropriate information to patients as
necessary. Communicates patient problems to nurse/physician and explains physician/nurses
instructions to patients.
• Assists in arranging patient clinic follow-up. Assures patients have post implant interrogations. Sets
up out reach clinics so company representatives can perform device interrogations for patients unable
to travel to Billings.
• Provides feedback on equipment performance and assists in the evaluation of new products.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory
organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency safety standards
relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization
- High School or GED
- Two (2) years of cardiology experience preferred
- Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT) by Cardiology Credentialing International and the National Board for Cardiovascular Technology (CCI/NBCVT) to be considered for position leveling
- BLS certification required; ACLS certification plus
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.