Billings Clinic Epilepsy Monitor Clerk in Billings, Montana
Epilepsy Monitor Clerk
Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Full-Time (.75 or greater)
0.90 = 72 hours
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides clerical support that is specific for the assigned unit. Is a role model for personal service excellence with patients, visitors and the interdisciplinary team. Supports unit activities that are essential to the smooth functioning of the patient care area.
In monitored areas, observes patient’s monitor, and reports any rhythm changes to the nurse. Understands how monitoring equipment works and can trouble shoot when problems occur.
· High school graduate or equivalent, preferred
· Completion of medical terminology course
· Completion of EKG class
· Special training with resultant expertise in recognition of clinical ictal behavior and interaction with patients during seizures to elucidate specific ictal symptoms.
· Special training with resultant expertise in aspects of use of monitoring equipment dependent on specific functions of technician
· If direct patient observation is involved, special training and resultant expertise in the management of clinical seizures, seizure-related emergencies, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation are necessary
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit health care organization in Billings, Montana with approximately 4,000 employees, including over 400 physicians and advanced practitioners. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.