Billings Clinic First Heart Scrub (Per Diem) in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
First Heart Scrub (Per Diem)
CARDIAC SURGERY (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 25.09 - 30.98 + per diem differential
Under the clinical supervision of the cardiovascular physician and direct supervision of the Director Cardiac Services, the First Heart Scrub provides cardiovascular surgical assistance, assistance with clinical projects, staff education, and other cardiovascular surgery departmental functions.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service. Maintains a professional environment and exemplify Personal Service Excellence (PSE) standards.
• Provides scrub coverage for all cardiovascular/thoracic operations. Assists cardiovascular surgeon with instruments, supplies, and equipment.
• Serves as a patient advocate by maintaining a sterile field, ensuring adequate positioning and communicating any concerns.
• Serve as a liaison for communication between surgeons and staff working in the surgery rooms. Assist with needed education of staff in the surgery rooms.
• Maintains and shares current knowledge of cardiovascular surgeon’s needs and techniques with all staff members.
• Maintain instrument sets and communicate need for new instruments or repairs.
• Participates in on-call rotations for all cardiovascular/thoracic procedure needs which require availability 24 hours per day/365 days per year. On-call rotations (6680 hours annually) will be split between two (2) staff members resulting in approximately 3,340 hours of call each year per person.
• Assists and participates in cardiovascular department research projects.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality. Assists with process improvement strategies and quality assurance projects within the Operating Room and the Cardiovascular Surgical department.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements; acquires knowledge and skills essential to incorporating into practice proven new evaluation/treatment modalities. Participates in continuing education offerings to maintain knowledge/skills on cardiovascular procedures.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
• Personal computers, hardware and software
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Patient’s/resident’s rights
• Patient safety standards
• Health care trends and development relating to specialty area
• First Heart Scrub practices
• Ancillary services
• Regulatory requirements and guidelines (i.e., Joint Commission, OSHA, etc.)
• Infection control practices
• Safety procedures and guidelines
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Analyzing data to formulate diagnosis and treatment care plans
• Exercising initiative and judgment
• Support cost efficient treatment care plans
• Problem identification and resolution relating to health care issues
• Conflict resolution
• Instructing and educating patients and families in the prescribed therapeutic regimens
• Working in a manner which is conducive to productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Respond calmly and effectively in emergent or difficult situations
• Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of work load assignments
• Work with frequent interruptions and competing priorities
• Perform physical assessments
• Perform record keeping and documentation responsibilities
• Perform in a manner which is fiscally responsible
• Stand for extended periods of time
• Lift up to 50 pounds
• Hear and see within normal ranges to perform physical assessments and essential job functions
• Position requires the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality due to the sensitive nature of confidential information handled
• Display sensitivity to the partial overlapping and possible sharing of responsibilities with other health care professionals
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience (5+ years). An equivalent combination of education and experience related to the identified tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
• Minimum 3 years of operating room experience as a Surgical Tech (Certified Surgical Tech, preferred) with previous open heart scrub experience
Certifications and Licenses
• Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification required, ACLS preferred
First Heart Scrub I
Three (3) years of operating room experience as a Surgical Tech (Certified Surgical Tech, preferred) with previous open heart scrub experience
Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification required, ACLS preferred
First Heart Scrub II
Three (3) years of operating room experience as a RN with previous open heart scrub experience
Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification required, ACLS preferred
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.