Franz Bakery Fleet Mechanic Billings in Billings, Montana
**United States Bakery**
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. US Bakery requests priority referrals of Protected Veterans for this job opening, and all other externally posted company employment opportunities.
**Requisition Number:** 14887
**Date Posted:** 1/6/2022
**Location:** Billings Plant
**Address:** 5150 Midland Road
**Pay Rate:** 25.68
***Are you*** ***'bread'*** ***for success?***
***Come make*** ***$*** ***dough*** ***$*** ***with us!***
Franz Family Bakery was founded in 1906 in the Pacific Northwest and has become one of country's most successful bakeries. We produce a variety of baked products, marketed under a wide range of premium labels, all made with quality ingredients and a superior baking process. We employ over 4,000 employees and distribute our products in Alaska, Idaho, California, Utah, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.
Take your career to the next level and join our exciting team. Franz offers employees excellent benefits including:
- Competitive Wages
- Growth and Development Opportunities
- Generous Holiday and Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Pension and Retirement funds
- Discount Franz Products
We are seeking a Fleet Mechanic to join our hard working and fast-paced team. The Fleet Mechanic is responsible for inspection, preventative maintenance, diagnosis and repair of all bakery vehicles (route and transport trucks), trailers and converter dollies. Work includes accurate and complete documentation of all inspections and/or work performed. May also perform maintenance and repairs on forklifts and similar equipment.
**Primary Duties and Responsibilities:**
- Perform tractor Diagnostic and Preventive Maintenance and Safety Inspections including lubrication, change all vehicle fluids, change-out engine belts, hoses and lights on Gas, Heavy Duty Diesel, and propane vehicles.
- Required to change-out water pumps, fuel pumps, alternators, starter, radiators, brakes, exhaust systems, batteries, transmissions, and other equipment/parts associated with the safe operation of all equipment.
- Must be able to reassemble engine components to overhauled engines and reinstall engine into vehicle.
- Must be able to travel on a weekly basis to perform PM's and other repairs to vehicles in remote locations.
- Maintain service-related records according to standards set by company.
- Assist other Mechanics as needed
- Perform as needed clean-up of equipment, parts, and work area.
- Support and contribute to maintaining a safe environment by working is safe manner, promoting accident prevention, and reporting potential hazards.
- Adhere to and follow the Company's Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- SHIFT & HOURS: New employees will be assigned to any workday: Monday through Sunday; and any shift: Day, Swing and/or Graveyard based upon Fleet Shop needs
- CDL-A Drivers License
- High School education or GED required.
- Mechanics are required to have knowledge of an engine, chassis, and body repair.
- Prior experience repairing and maintaining and diagnosing Heavy Duty Diesel and gasoline powered trucks is required. Experience with propane lift trucks is desired.
- Ability to perform welding and some minor fabrication.
- Must be DOT Certified for air brake inspection and repair and oversee all DOT Safety Requirements.
- Required to provide your own mechanic tools.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have high attention to detail and ability to work in a thorough manner to ensure quality workmanship.
- Independent judgment is often required. Some direct guidance is received from Manager and/or from established procedures or instructions.
- Good judgment is essential for a person to be successful.
- Frequent internal contact with people/co-workers and management takes place.
- Personal tool inventory list is required by United States Bakery.
- Position is PHYSICALLY DEMANDING, lifting approximately 25-50 lbs frequently. Material will be moved from floor level to 84 inches (7 feet) height as required by job task. Must be able to stand for 8 or more hours and perform repetitive lifting, bending, kneeling, and grasping of maintenance tools & vehicle parts or equipment**.**
- Will work under and over equipment being repaired. Will work at heights using ladders, scissor lifts, etc.
- Must be able to use various hand and power tools, cherry picker, jacks, creepers, ladders and general truck mechanic tools/equipment.
- All PPE will be provided by United States Bakery.
Franz Bakery is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity