St. John's Lutheran Ministries Hospice / Home Health Medical Social Worker (MSW) in Billings, Montana
St. John’s United Home Health and Hospice is a joint venture partnership between Billings Clinic, Big Sky Senior Services and St. John’s United. St. John’s has full responsibility for managing and growing this emerging home-based service agency. The MSW will serve in several developmental roles inclusive of providing professional medical social services for both hospice and home health. Additional responsibilities will include a bereavement program. It is anticipated that as the agency grows, and additional staff positions added, that the predominant work responsibility will be medical social services primarily to hospice and home health patients and their families.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Provide living opportunities within nurturing environments of hope, dignity and love.
- Assesses the psychosocial status of patients and families.
- Carries out social evaluations and plans interventions or support services to patients and family/caregivers. Makes referrals as appropriate.
- Assists with maintaining a bereavement program.
- Maintains clinical records on all patients served.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with organizational personnel and outside agencies.
- Participates in discharge planning as appropriate. REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of two years experience in health care, home health / hospice experience preferred.
Meet or exceed CMS/Medicare regulatory requirements for home health and hospice.
MSW from accredited school.