St. John's Lutheran Ministries Housekeeper in Billings, Montana
32 Hours Per Week, Monday through Friday, 7am - 1:30pm (One weekend day will be required every 6 weeks)!
The housekeeper are responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of all facility areas including the resident rooms and common areas. Maybe asked to assist nursing personnel if requested, excluding nursing duties. (At the Vista only)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION: Related responsibilities: :
- Responsible for daily cleaning of a number of resident’s rooms and public use areas as assigned.
- Vacuuming of carpeted areas, sweeping and mopping of tiled floors, dust offices and common areas, and empty waste paper baskets.
- Clean and disinfect the resident’s bathroom(s) (sink, toilet, shower and floor areas), kitchen (sink, counter, cabinets and floor), dust baseboards, vents, blinds and furniture. Inside of apartment windows, decks, and appliances will be cleaned by request only.
- Keep hallways, resident storage and trash rooms clean.
Must have the ability to work independently and be efficient with your time. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION: Safety:
Obeys safety rules of St. John’s Lutheran Ministries
- Identifies, reports, and/or corrects obvious safety hazards
- Routinely places wet floor signs or other safety warning materials to notify others of the hazard
Attends mandatory safety in-services ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION: Mission/Customer Service:
Supports the growth and actively engages in the Eden Alternative philosophy, including a work environment with plants and animals.
- Follows the St. John’s Guidelines for Customer Service
- Let the Mission be your guide
- Make eye contact and smile
- Greet and welcome each person you meet
- Seek out personal contact
- Provide immediate service-listen and act
- Use appropriate body language at all times
Be gracious to each and every person ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION: Employee Responsibilities:
Follows policy and procedures on TB testing.
- Follows policy and procedures on annual influenza vaccinations.
- Attends all mandatory in-services
Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Environmental Services. REQUIREMENTS::
Minimum Requirements: Six months of cleaning experience, preferably in residents homes.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Ability to understand verbal instructions.
- Ability to operate and maintain vacuums.
- Ability to use cleaning equipment and supplies in a safe manner.
- Ability to understand written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
Ability to understand and follow safety policies and procedures. PHYSICAL DEMANDS::
This position requires the person to stand, bend, and lift for prolonged period. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds occasionally. WORKING CONDITIONS::
Work involves some exposure to dirt, dust, fumes, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Work involves some exposure to hazards, blood borne pathogens, or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Normal health care environment.
- Work involves exposure to plants and animals within the environment.