LONG Building Technologies, Inc. HVAC Service Technician in Billings, Montana
**LONG Building Technologies**
LONG Building Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Throughout our 50 year history, we have worked hard to make LONG an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. In addition to competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and tangible career growth, our people enjoy a stability and loyalty envied in the industry. With average employee tenure of 10+ years, our culture encourages people to maximize their skills and potential. Our company culture is professional, yet relaxed; we understand that going to work every day should be a gift, not a burden. Join our growing team today!
You will be maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and installing commercial HVAC systems across across your area of responsibility. You will be joining an existing team of Service Technicians, though you will work independently much of the time. A company vehicle, mobile phone, and clothing are provided to ensure you are well equipped for the job. We are looking for both seasoned professionals and aspiring technicians who have the ability to show up on time, learn, and work hard.
- ***MAINTAIN*** HVAC equipment including: changing air filters, greasing bearings, recording refrigeration pressures, and adjusting gas-fired burners
- ***TROUBLESHOOT*** HVAC systems including: power wiring, unit controls, motor, blower, fan, bearing, gas & electric heat, refrigeration systems, economizer, VAV box, fan powered box, and pneumatic controls
- ***REPAIR ***HVAC equipment including: soldering, brazing, pipe fitting, and unit wiring
- ***INSTALL ***HVAC equipment including: copper and steel piping, sheet metal ducting, equipment hanging, and crane direction
- Mechanical aptitude
- Valid driver’s license
- Own, or have the ability to obtain, personal hand tools
**Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities**
- Basic understanding of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, or electrical systems
- The ability to obtain a valid CFC Refrigeration certificate within 30 days after first day of employment
**Preferred Qualifications & Experience**
- 1+ years working experience with HVAC
- Alcohol and Drug-free
- Indoors and outdoors
- Exposure to seasonal heat and cold
- Periodic In-state travel required
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. from floor to countertop and countertop to floor
- Ability to climb ladders and function at required heights