Billings Clinic Inpatient Surgical Nurse Manager in BILLINGS, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all permanent full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
All new employees must complete several pre-employment requirements prior to starting. Click here (https://billingsclinic.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=15&c=billingsclinic) to learn more!
Inpatient Surgical Nurse Manager
Hospital Division (BILLINGS CLINIC HOSPITAL)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE
Provides nursing leadership for the development, and advancement of nursing within the assigned areas. Ensures that a consistent level of nursing care is provided throughout the continuum of care and is accountable for the quality and cost effectiveness of nursing services provided. Develops objectives, policies, and procedures for assigned areas to formalize and implement the mission, vision, and values of Billings Clinic. Accountabilities include quality of services; short and long range planning to achieve goals and objectives; fiscal control; physician and interdepartmental/intradepartmental relations; personnel management, and customer relations.
Essential Job Functions
• In collaboration with physician leadership and other medical staff, administration, and other health care providers, develops and implements short and long range plans, and leads, develops and revises programs which enhance department services.
• a) Develops, implements and maintains a care delivery model for the area of service accountability
• b) Develops and maintains community relationships as it relates to the continuum of care
• c) Participates in the development of patient care delivery models and/or care programs, nursing policies and procedures that describe how patient care needs and/or patient populations receiving nursing care are assessed, evaluated and met.
• d) Participates in the development and implementation of Billings Clinic’s plans for providing nursing care to patients. Participates in the implementation of an effective, ongoing program to measure, assess and improve the quality of nursing care. Monitors compliance to the plan.
• e) Promotes an environment that empowers nurses to provide safe, reliable, patient-centered nursing care that is effective, compassionate and efficient.
• f) Maintains appropriate skill/knowledge of application and patient/resident relevance of commonly used equipment specific to area; pharmacological application; application of laboratory values with disease process or physiological status.
• Leads department in the overall marketing, program development, and service priorities. Coordinates with physicians and other Billings Clinic leadership to assure continuity in pursing service line/organizational goals and synergy in implementing plans and problem resolution.
• a) Markets and promotes programs and services to both internal and external healthcare providers
• b) Supports community education and awareness by conducting public education programs, participation in health fairs and other events.
• c) Promotes the value of health care provided by the organization by creating effective public relations programs to differentiate and promote the services provided
• Develops, implements, and maintains a realistic, cost-effective annual budget.
• a) Manages donated funds, grants and contracts appropriately
• b) Enhances operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment and enhancing patient access without compromising quality of care or patient safety
• c) Monitors periodic financial statements by measuring the relevant business activity and financial position of the assigned areas and the organization to ensure appropriate financial management
• d) Develops and presents financial analyses by employing a variety of techniques (modeling, forecasting, benchmarking, cost/benefit analysis, etc.) to enhance understanding and improve decision making
• e) Establishes a system of controls by designing and enforcing checks and balances to minimize the risk of financial loss
• Practices process improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of the service/care provided within the department. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance and ensures compliance of nursing department and staff.
• a) Adheres to patient safety standards and identifies and anticipates problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate action.
• b) Analyzes and shares the practice implications of nursing research within specialty area.
• c) Leads assigned areas in compliance with all legal, regulatory and/or accreditation standards or guidelines and ensure quality of care standards are adhered to.
• Develops, retains, recruits, and leads a talented team committed to accomplishing the goals and objectives of Billings Clinic. Recommends, implements, and evaluates plans and systems that assure sufficient number of qualified and competent staff to provide care/services. Adheres to administrative policies and procedures relating to human resource management.
• Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open communication and teamwork throughout the organization. Builds an environment of shared commitment to Billings Clinic’s goals and responsibility to achieve quality outcomes. Provides consultation for related concerns and acts as a customer advocate by demonstrating sensitivity to ethical and legal ramifications of practice.
• Participates in the evaluation, selection and integration of health care technology and information management systems that support quality of care/financial needs and the efficient use of resources.
• a) Oversees on going information needs for the assigned areas by querying involved users and evaluating the information systems capabilities to enhance quality of care and support financial needs
• b) Directs effective implementation plans, information systems maintenance, and provides access to training resources to continually improve performance
• c) Participates in the development of effective communication linkages through telecommunication and/or internet based technologies to ensure service and operational coordination
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Performs all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• 4 Year Bachelors of Science in Nursing Required
• 2 years of clinical experience in the nursing specialty area
Certifications and Licenses
• Current Montana licensure as a Registered Nurse
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Employees that require a licensed or certification must be properly licensed/certified and the licensure/certification must be in good standing.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.