State of Montana Instructional Coordinator in Billings, Montana
*TITLE: Instructional Coordinator
STATUS: Permanent, Full-time
ANNUAL SALARY: $54,292.35
CLOSING DATE: January 30, 2020
REQUIRED SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS: Yes
POSITION NO: 351-03311
DEPARTMENT: Office of Public Instruction
DIVISION: ESSA, School Improvement Unit
LOCATION: Billings, Eastern Montana area
ADDITIONAL SALARY AND BENEFIT INFORMATION:This is a TRS Retirement position.Full-time employees earn 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, state holidays, health and dental benefits and life insurance. They also receive access to a defined benefit - contribution retirement. More information can be found at http://benefits.mt.gov/.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING:*Only*the information you submit on your attached resume and supplemental questions will be reviewed to determine if you meet the qualifications.The State of Montana Careers system application will not be considered in this process.
To apply for this position, you_must_attach the required resume and supplemental questions as separate documents._Supplemental questions located at the bottom of this job announcement are required._Materials not requested in this vacancy announcement will not be considered. (Example: Transcripts and Letters of Reference) Required materials must be received or postmarked by midnight (Mountain Time Zone) on the closing date in order to be considered.
*Your resumemust includethe following information:
• All relevant work history, listing employment in chronological order in a month/year format with the most recent job first.
• Supervisor’s name and phone number for each job.
• Detailed description of the duties foreachjob, including hours per week, and the reason why you separated.*
Applicants claiming employment preference are required to submit proper documentation to email@example.com in order to receive any preferences. If you indicate your preference status while completing your application process, the system will generate an e-mail with instructions on how to submit the required preference documents.
Procedures to be used in evaluating an applicant’s qualifications may include, but not limited to, a resume, supplemental questions, an oral interview, skills based testing and reference checks.
If accommodation for disability is needed during the application or interview processes, please contact the OPI Human Resource Office at (406) 444-2673 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Montana Office of Public Instruction is an equal opportunity employer. Women (and/or) minorities are under-represented in this position and are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:This is a remote position in Billings or Eastern Montana with the opportunity towork from home.Candidate must have great communication and active listening skills, exceptional collaboration, written and verbal communication skills. This position exercises leadership in the ESSA: School Improvement Division of the Office of Public Instruction, in Helena Montana, through interaction with schools and districts in the Eastern Montana area, identified as Comprehensive Support and Improvement in Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). The position also providesonsiteleadership and instruction support for schools to improve student achievement in literacy and mathematics, using Multi-tier Systems of Support (MTSS). Particular attention is given to school and teacher needs in providing culturally appropriate instruction for Title I eligible students and closing the achievement gap for all students including all subgroups.
The duties of this position fall under the following categories:
• Implement and support state and local literacy plans at the district and school level
• Instructional Frameworks
• Comprehensive literacy instruction
• Strong evidence-based interventions, strategies, and practices
• Continuous Improvement Cycle (CIC)
• Montana Literacy and Math Plans
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work collaboratively with OPI staff and other educators from across the state and nation;
• The ability to represent the Superintendent and the OPI responsibly by actively supporting and providing leadership to promote the overall goals and objectives of the Superintendent;
• Working effectively as a team member, resolving conflicts effectively, seeking improvement in one's self and profession, and accepting changes as expectations, duties, and work directions evolve;
• The ability to effectively establish and maintain professional interactions and communications with OPI staff and with educators and others in the field;
• The ability to address conflict directly by raising concerns, issues, and criticism directly with the appropriate staff person or team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred, in education;
• A minimum of three years’ experience in education.
• Experience and knowledge of school structures and programs, and a background in Title I education are desirable.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS:The supplemental question(s) are scored in a separate phase and are_required_for this vacancy announcement.Supplemental questions are evaluated on their own merit, so you_must_include specific information regarding names of employers, dates, job titles, duties, etc. on_both_your resume and supplemental questions to receive full credit for your qualifications.List the position title and your name at the top of each page. The suggested response is a minimum of ½ a page, but no more than 2 pages per question.
_Once you have answered the following supplemental questions, you must upload your responses into the State of Montana recruiting system._
*1. Describe your experience in establishing and concurrently managing the goals, objectives and specific program tasks of a literacy or math program.
Describe a collaborative work project in which your role was significant. Describe the scope of the work, your role, the accomplishments that resulted from the project, and the changes you would make if you were to work on the project again.
Do you want to be informed before we contact your present employer?*
Title: Instructional Coordinator
Requisition ID: 20140123