Billings Clinic IT End User Support Specialist II (Project Resources) in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
All new employees must complete several pre-employment requirements prior to starting. Click here (https://billingsclinic.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=15&c=billingsclinic) to learn more!
IT End User Support Specialist II (Project Resources)
PMO / OPERATIONS - 8732 (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $43,929 - $57,782
The IT End User Support Specialist position provides technical support to Billings Clinic and the Billings Clinic Health System’s end user computing environment for over 10,000 devices and computer systems throughout the Billings Clinic Health System. This position is also responsible for maintaining networking hardware and servers required for operability. As Level 2 and 3 support, this position is responsible for the timely and satisfactory resolution of customer service requests that have been escalated beyond Level 1 support. Support is provided to customers in-person, via telephone, email, a self-service portal, and using remote tools to troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose, and resolve hardware and software incidents and service requests. This position is expected to work within a Service Management Platform, accepting, documenting, and completing tasks that are assigned to their service area(s). This position resolves service and project requests including outages, computer and network failures, server crashes or any other combination of end-user computing service needs. This position installs, configures, and maintains software on servers, workstations, and network infrastructure components within every division. This position is expected to participate as a team member on enterprise-level technical projects, accepting tasks and providing relevant results. Under general supervision, provides information technology planning and configuration support for assigned focus area(s) and to all users that are the responsibility of Billings Clinic Information Services. Focus areas typically include Helpdesk and PC analytics.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Designs, implements and evaluates Information Technology functions to cost effectively improve organizational outcomes throughout Billings Clinic
• Serves as a technical resource for the organization and health system’s customers, staff, physicians and administration. Provides support during technical crises. Acts as role model of professional Information Technology practices. Promotes Information Technology across the organization, utilizing technical knowledge, theory and technical skills to promote optimal outcomes through best practice.
• Participates in professional and technical organizations to improve technology and improve healthcare through technology, and to advance in Information Technology.
• Collaborates with multiple disciplines to organize and coordinate technology enhancements to improve Information Technology outcomes. Is a contributor in the development of policies and procedures.
• Identifies technical problems/issues needing research and escalates issues as needed and to the appropriate resources. Communicates results of research to appropriate individuals/groups
• Provides regular communication to all members of the project management team, Operations and leadership as well as all clients involved in respective project or tickets.
• Analyze customer needs, review current processes, and recommend options and approaches to implementation and support.
• Maintains required documentation
• Demonstrates initiative in the management and support of technology. Provides on-call coverage as assigned by the Information Technology leadership team
• Analyzes data to identify trends that impact Information Services outcomes and cost containment. Utilizes research to develop technical competencies and other standards/guidelines for Information Technology.
• Gather and analyze general information from vendors for the purpose of summarizing and comparing new product selections Assist multidisciplinary teams in the selection and acquisition of new systems. Participate in client reference calls, client site visits and the evaluation process leading to final vendor selection
• Establish a cooperative working relationship with vendor installation personnel and ensure expectations are understood
• Participate in multidisciplinary project teams of IT team members, outside consultants, vendors and customers
• Ensure all activities are completed on time and within budget
Identify and resolve any problems that affect the project schedule or the accuracy and stable functioning of the project team.
• Conducts ongoing monitoring of assigned technology to be sure of optimal usage of the application(s). Recommends software and/or hardware upgrades and changes related to a technology enhancement or change
• Assists in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive business recovery plan. Coordinates with other Information Services team members in the resolution of communications, hardware and software problems in a timely manner
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Demonstrates a commitment to continuous learning and seeks opportunities to contribute to Billings Clinic organization-wide learning initiatives.
• Performs all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• 4 Year Bachelor's Degree in a related field
• 3 Years information technology work experience
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Certifications and Licenses
• Current Montana drivers license and the ability to be insured to operate Billings Clinic vehicles
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.