Team Industrial Services, Inc. Level II Radiographer in Billings, Montana
REQUISITION ID: 1117req587
JOB TITLE: Level II Radiographer
JOB CITY: Billings
JOB STATE: Montana
About TEAM Industrial Services:
Team Industrial Services, Inc. is the worldwide leader in minimizing equipment and asset downtime, providing specialized industrial on-line maintenance, inspection and repair. We provide critical services to our customers that enable them to maintain and operate their facilities and equipment in a safe and productive manner with over 220 locations throughout the world.
At Team, we invest in our employees with the top training and development resources, meeting the needs of the company and the employee. In a constantly evolving industry, Team remains a leader in innovation and service leadership.
- Performs appropriate documentation and administrative procedures as required.
· A Radiographer is a technician responsible for the security and control of industrial radiographic equipment during its use and transportation and for ensuring that compliance with the license/registration, regulations and company procedures is maintained.
· The radiographer may also be responsible for project execution and daily tasks associated with providing industrial radiography services.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
Transportation of industrial radiographic equipment in accordance with all federal/state transportation regulations and local requirements, the license and its conditions, applicable license procedures, company policies, notices, directives, memorandums and instructions.
· Utilization of industrial radiographic equipment in a manner prescribed by the manufacturer and in accordance with all federal/state regulations and local requirements, the license/registration and its conditions, applicable procedures, company policies, notices, directives, memorandums and instructions.
· Maintaining constant surveillance and immediate control of industrial radiographic equipment at all times while in use.
· Securing industrial radiographic equipment from unauthorized removal at all times, when not tended under constant surveillance and immediate control.
· Preventing all unauthorized personnel from being within the restricted area boundaries while industrial radiographic equipment is in use.
· Preventing damage, loss or theft of industrial radiographic equipment and all associated accessories.
· Providing the required notification to appropriate management personnel in the event of an incident, and to provide assistance as necessary.
· Providing direct and constant supervision of the assistant radiographer/radiographer trainee whenever the assistant radiographer/radiographer trainee operates radiographic equipment.
· Verifying, prior to performing radiographic operations, that the radiographic device, associated equipment and personnel used under their supervision during the performance of radiographic operations are in accordance with company procedures and the regulations of the jurisdiction (NRC/Agreement State) where radiographic operations are being conducted.
· Completion of proper documentation and reports associated with radiographic operations.
· Safety of co-workers as well as members of the general public.
High school diploma or equivalent required
Minimum 4 yrs experience in NDT field as a certified technician in at least 2 methods
Certified to Level II in a minimum of two methods (PT, MT, UT, RT, ET) preferred
Ability to work in Microsoft Word
Ability to work with computers / computerized equipment
Ability to read, understand, and communicate in English
Travel requirement; 0-75%
Ability to handle chemicals in a safe manner
Ability to follow instructions
Ability to supervise training of Apprentices.
Position is based out of a branch or site location.
Field duties require indoor and outdoor work in a plant atmosphere
Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel
Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels
Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection
May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes
May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis
Physical and Mental Requirements
Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds
Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field duties
Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively
Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations
Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties
Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations
Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells
Ability to maintain focus and multitask effectively
Excellent communication skills
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
TEAM Industrial Services, Inc. strictly prohibits discrimination against applicants, employees, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
TEAM’s Core Values
Safety First / Quality Always – In everything we do
Integrity – Uncompromising standards of integrity and ethical conduct
Service Leadership – Leading Service Quality, professionalism and responsiveness
Innovation – Supports continuous growth and improvement
Pride and Respect – For our customers, for each other and for all our stakeholders
Teamwork – Global teamwork and collaboration