Billings Clinic Licensed Clinical Therapist - Behavioral Health Clinic in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to once again be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet?-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
Licensed Clinical Therapist - Behavioral Health Clinic
BCB BEHAVIORAL HEALTH - 6500 (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours(Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 26.29 - 33.00
The Licensed Clinical Therapist is responsible for the full range of functions typically performed by a licensed counselor in a private practice out-patient setting. Functions include evaluation, psychotherapy, and consultation. Therapy may be with individuals, families, couples, and groups. Position is one of several clinical professionals in a multi-disciplinary setting.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Thoroughly evaluates the clinical needs of each patient. Arrives at diagnostic impressions utilizing the current DSM Codes.
• Engages in thorough age-appropriate treatment planning process for each client and discusses those plans with the client/guardian as clinically indicated.
• Makes use of referrals and consultations appropriately and has a strong knowledge of community resources.
• Performs all related administrative functions necessary for effective, ethical, efficient clinical practice including those standards as required by Billings Clinic.
• Performs age-appropriate clinical therapies and techniques skillfully, using sound personal and clinical judgment.
• Maintains client records clearly and in a timely and confidential manner, reflecting dates of appointments, evaluations, therapy efforts and goals, referrals, and correspondence.
• Provides all necessary information for accurate and timely billing and collection.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality. Participates appropriately in quality improvement efforts.
• Functions as an involved team member with the department staff, ensuring a smooth flow of clinical and support staff needs, as well as for high quality care.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organization and departmental requirements. Participates in all department staff meetings as required.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
• Personal computers, hardware, and software
• Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Windows, Outlook, Word, etc.)
• Regulatory requirements and standards
• Psychiatric and psychological diagnosis, theories, age-appropriate therapies, and techniques
• Human growth and development, psychosocial concepts, family dynamics, mental disorders, diagnostic categories, psychotropic medications, side effects, somatic therapies, and psychotherapy
• Patient Safety Guidelines
• Patient rights
• Highly developed and eclectic skills to practice individual, group, marital and family therapy, and crisis intervention
• Interpersonal skills necessary to interact and work effectively with clients, families, other health care providers and community referral sources
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, to prepare complex reports and correspondence to successfully interact with referral sources, patients and families, and team members
• Incorporate population specific care into all aspects of communication and patient care.
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships.
• Function independently, setting work priorities consistent with patient and organizational needs.
• Observe strict confidentiality of patient information.
• Lift, push and pull 25 pounds unassisted.
• Work with a wide variety of mental health professionals who treat and refer patients to Billings Clinic.
• Work closely and cooperatively with providers in evaluating, diagnosing, and treating patients with psychiatric or behavioral problems.
• Must be able to function autonomously and with a high degree of flexibility. Must be able to independently follow patients and their care, request psychiatric consultation and intervention when indicated.
This position may be incentive eligible.
• Master’s degree in social work or other comparable clinical master’s program.
• Minimum one year experience in a clinical setting with the same or similar duties and expectations of this role.
Certifications and Licenses
• Current Montana license as a Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LCPC), or if entering from a different state, must be licensed in that state and eligible for licensure in Montana prior to start date.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.