Billings Clinic Maintenance Engineer II in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Maintenance Engineer II
FACILITY SERVICES (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Shift: Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Schedule: M-F, 7am-3:30pm
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $19.58 - $23.50
Responsible for providing preventative maintenance on all systems equipment, fire alarm systems, HVAC systems, electrical, plumbing, life safety systems, beds, scales and cosmetic repairs of hardware and structures. Troubleshoots and diagnoses problems. Performs preventative maintenance, repairs and orders parts and supplies.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment using hand and power tools and precision-measuring and testing.
• Performs miscellaneous repairs.
• Member of STAT team, emergency response team and disaster team.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Personal computers, hardware, and software & printers
• Patient’s/resident’s rights
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
• Blueprints and schematics for repairs to building equipment and structure
• All tools and safety precautions used in the performance of duties
• Infection control and safety practices and standards
• Professional interpersonal communication skills
• Analytical skills necessary to make calculations for installations, find solutions to malfunctions and make repairs of equipment
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Make necessary decisions for emergencies and priorities work requests for patient and critical areas
• Lift, carry and handle materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for up to 40% of the work time
• Solutions for equipment failure must be expedited. The mechanic must have thorough knowledge of mechanical systems so repairs can be made as soon as possible in that failure to respond/correct will impact patient/resident care.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Two (2) years of progressively more responsible related work experience necessary to gain knowledge of equipment repair and to be able to troubleshoot and diagnose a wide variety of mechanical equipment and machinery problems
Certifications and Licenses
• Current Montana 3rd class Boiler License Certificate required or higher
• Complete BOMA international certified SMT course within 2 years
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.