Volunteers of America Northern Rockies Maintenance Technician in BILLINGS, Montana
Maintenance TechnicianMagic City Terrace · BILLINGS, Montana
Department Magic City Terrace
Employment Type Full-Time Regular
Minimum Experience Entry-level
Each day at Volunteers of America, we strive to exemplify our foundational pillar of Servant Leadership and Cultural Values of Communication, Compassion, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing general maintenance and repairs on facility equipment and property structures, in addition to performing grounds maintenance. The maintenance technician is responsible for the overall maintenance of properties to maintain a healthy, safe and attractive living environment for the tenants.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Perform maintenance and repair work such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, floor, and carpet care.
· Maintain records of all preventative maintenance and service activities.
· Participate in and oversee maintenance projects, including those completed by sub-contractors, including bid process.
· Resolve all resident maintenance needs.
· Assist with facility cleaning and trash removal.
· Prepare vacant units for occupancy.
· Regularly inspect buildings and grounds to ensure they are maintained and compliant with safety requirements.
· Communicate with and make recommendations to Community Administrator about necessary repairs, maintenance, and property improvements that are within budgetary guidelines.
· Experienced in operating a variety of equipment, including snowblowers, lawnmowers, paint brushes, paint rollers, and small hand tools
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Able to work well with minimal supervision
· Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures
· Continuous demonstration of behaviors aligned with a posture of servant leadership and our cultural values
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Position works in a residential facility. Work is performed both inside and outside the facility. Use of various hand tools and office equipment. The environment requires a level of professionalism with the residents and staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted, climb up ladders, and use both micro and macro motions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening, weekend, and on-call rotational work is required as job duties demand.
Minimal travel required; under 50 miles to pick up supplies.
Required Education, Experience or Eligibility Qualifications
· High school diploma/GED required
· Two years' maintenance work experience in a commercial facility
· Valid driver's license
Preferred Education and Experience
· Associates, bachelors, or technical degree
· Three to five years' work experience with maintenance in an industrial facility
VOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.