Billings Clinic Mammography Technologist West End in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Mammography Technologist West End
WEST END (BILLINGS CLINIC WEST END)
Shift: Day, Weekends
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE
The Mammography Technologist is responsible for performing diagnostic mammography procedures, transporting patients and providing clinical clerical support.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• Maintains equipment by reporting malfunctions and assists in departmental supply acquisition. Mammography procedure responsibilities include operating mammography equipment.
• Performs quality mammography services at the request of physicians, according to guidelines established by the American Cancer Society, American College of Radiology, HCFA, OSHA and FDA.
• Prepares the mammography suite for the patient by assuring cleanliness and acceptability of appropriate areas and setting up the equipment for special cases. Positions the patient and thoroughly explains the procedure as well as alleviating apprehension and promoting cooperation as much as possible.
• Informs management or Lead Mammography Technologist of any unusual concerns, situation or conditions relative to staff, patients and physicians.
• Maintains adequate inventory of all required supplies by informing appropriate personnel for acquisition.
• Assures that the mammography program is in compliance with regulating agencies by completing appropriate clerical work needed to perform the exams.
• May assist with performing quality control tests for mammography equipment according to established guidelines by the American College of Radiology and FDA.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• Graduate of a recognized, approved American Medical Association Council of Education program in radiological technology
• One year experience as Diagnostic Imaging Technologist
Licensure and Certifications
• CPR Certification as a Healthcare Provider
• ARRT Mammography certification within 6 months of hire
• Current Montana license as a Radiology Technologist
• Registered with the American Registry of Radiological Technologists
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.