Billings Clinic Medflight Communication Specialist in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to once again be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Medflight Communication Specialist
Hospital (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Shift: Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 15.00
The Communication Specialist coordinates all aspects of the air ambulance flights and the ground regional transports for the flight team. Responsibilities include receiving referral calls, notifying pilots and medical crew, and coordination with the medical control physician, referring physician and referring health care facility.
· Personal computers, hardware and software
· HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
· Patient’s/resident’s rights
· Medical terminology
· Local Emergency Medical Services (EMS) system
· Protocols pertaining to the Flight team
· Common FCC rules and regulations
· General knowledge of medications
· Electronic telephone systems
· Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
· Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
· Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively and function as a team member
· Excellent public relations skills
· Must be able to work independently and in cooperation with others
· Applying protocols and documenting patient condition and medications
· Incorporate cultural diversity and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups from infant through geriatric
· Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
· Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
· Work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities
· Pay close attention to details
· Push, pull, lift and carry weights when transporting supplies
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Previous EMS experience, preferred
· Previous unit clerk/monitor clerk experience, preferred
· Electronic telephone system experience, preferred
· Completion of a medical terminology course, preferred
· Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.