Billings Clinic Medical Assistant, Hospital - Nursing Resources/Float Pool in Billings, Montana
Medical Assistant, Hospital - Nursing Resources/Float Pool
Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Under general supervision, assists in the delivery of patient care/treatment and provides clerical and administrative support. Works collaboratively with the Physician, Non-Physician Provider, RN, LPN, and other departmental personnel to meet the physical, psychosocial, educational, and spiritual needs of the patient and family.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Six (6) months related work experience in a health care environment required to develop proficiency in basic Medical Assistant procedures and processes encompassing all age groups, preferred.
· Successful completion of department orientation, skills competencies specific to department
· Completion of 54 LMS modules within six (6) months of hire (proof of completion of college medical terminology with a C or better; may be used in lieu of modules)
· Completion of Personal Accountability class within first six (6) months of hire
· Departments requiring basic IM injections must complete above requirements, CDC modules, injection class, and department skills competency. Along with department manager and physician approval.
· Required to obtain certification or registration within fifteen (15) months of hire through organizations approved by Billings Clinic. If coming from a medical assisting program; must be obtained within 90 days of program completion.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit health care organization in Billings, Montana with approximately 4,000 employees, including over 400 physicians and advanced practitioners. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality (https://www.billingsclinic.com/quality-safety/) .
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.