Billings Clinic Medical Assistant -Neurosurgery in BILLINGS, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all permanent full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
All new employees must complete several pre-employment requirements prior to starting. Click here (https://billingsclinic.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=15&c=billingsclinic) to learn more!
Medical Assistant -Neurosurgery
NEUROSURGERY (BILLINGS CLINIC CLINIC)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $17.00 - 21.25
May be eligible for $2,000 sign on incentive
Under general supervision, assists in the delivery of patient care/treatment and provides clerical and administrative support. Works collaboratively with the Physician, Advanced Practice Providers (APPs), RN, LPN, and other departmental personnel to meet the physical, psychosocial, educational, and spiritual needs of the patient and family.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Prepares room, equipment and supplies as dictated by a particular examination, patient’s needs, and Billings Clinic exam and procedure room cleaning guidelines.
• Assists with patient scheduling of appointments, diagnostic tests, treatments, procedures, and surgery. May assist with registration and/or collection of co-pays.
• Screens incoming telephone calls for appropriate referrals to nurse, physician and/or APP.
• Orders and maintains clinical and office supplies and equipment as directed.
• Maintains patient files, records and other information. Adheres to confidentiality requirements.
• Compiles statistical data for reports as directed.
• Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
• Receives and prepares patient for examination and treatment as directed. Obtains and records history and vital signs. May assist in preparing for minor procedures and physical exams. Charts and documents in medical record. Collects and appropriately labels laboratory specimens as needed per organization and department standards.
• Cleans and disinfects equipment per Billings Clinic infection control guidelines.
• May administer various vaccines per department standards/needs and individual employee leveling grid.
• Provides instruction to patients as directed by physician, APP or as documented in department policies and procedures.
• Performs all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• May assist physicians and APPs in preparing for minor procedures and physical exams.
• Administers medications according to department approved grid and guidelines; once department requirements and required training have been met.
• May perform patient care tasks to include but not limited to stitch and staple removal, application of dressings, ear lavage, splints and casts, etc. after demonstrated competency.
• High school diploma or equivalent
Other Minimum Qualifications
• Six (6) months related work experience in a health care environment required to develop proficiency in basic Medical Assistant procedures and processes encompassing all age groups, preferred.
• Successful completion of department orientation, skills competencies specific to department
• Completion of 54 LMS modules within six (6) months of hire (proof of completion of college medical terminology with a C or better; may be used in lieu of modules)
• Completion of Personal Accountability class within first six (6) months of hire
• Departments requiring basic IM injections must complete above requirements, CDC modules, injection class, and department skills competency. Along with department manager and physician approval.
• Required to obtain certification or registration within fifteen (15) months of hire through organizations approved by Billings Clinic. If coming from a medical assisting program; must be obtained within 90 days of program completion.
Additional Qualifications Level II
• Certification or Registration (within 90 days of employment) if hiring criteria was met without this.)
• Completion of all department requirements and competencies for a Level 1.
• Required to help with externs and simulation labs depending on organizational and department needs.
• Approval of Department Manager and Supervising Physician with no current disciplinary actions.
• The following criteria could result in employee moving to a lower level and a reduction in pay;
• Department transfers with different unit specific requirements/training.
• Department transfers to areas with limited levels.
• Request of physician.
• Continue on-going education for additional duties/skills of an advanced level.
• Maintain requirements and expectations of a Level II.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.