Billings Clinic Nurse Practioner or Physician Assistant Heights in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Nurse Practioner or Physician Assistant Heights
HEIGHTS (Billings Clinic Heights)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 0.80 = 64 hours (Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 0.00 - 0.00
Job Title / Job Code: Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner
Department: Heights Location
0.8 FTE - 64 Hours
Under clinical supervision of a physician and direct supervision of the Manager/Director, the Physician Assistant provides general medical care, treatment and health care services to patients within the scope of their licensure and expertise level of the supervising physician.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Personal computers, hardware and software
• Microsoft Office Programs (i.e., Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• PAA and confidentiality requirements
• Patient’s/resident’s rights
• Patient safety standards, safety procedures and guidelines
• Health care trends and development relating to specialty area
• Physician Assistant practices and scope of licensure
• Healthcare reimbursement methodologies
• Ancillary services
• Regulatory requirements and guidelines (i.e., Joint Commission, CMS, OSHA, etc.)
• Infection control practices
• Scope of Practice, rules and regulations of the Montana Board of Nursing
• Nursing practice, planning and assessment within scope of practice
• Nursing Research
• Cerner utilization, and compliance with organization expectations around EMR
• Health reimbursement methodologies
• Ancillary services
• Infection control practices
• Nursing practices, planning and assessment within scope of practice
• American Nurse’s Association (ANA) Code of Ethics
• ANCC (American Nurse Credentialing Center) principles and standards
• Additional Knowledge for Physician Assistants / Nurse Practitioner -Surgical
• Surgical procedures and post-operative care standards/protocols
• Additional Knowledge for Physician Assistants / Nurse Practitioner -Express Care
• DOT examinations
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Analyzing data to formulate diagnosis and treatment care plans
• Exercising initiative and judgment
• Develop and formulate effective, cost efficient treatment care plans
• Problem identification and resolution relating to health care issues
• Conflict resolution
• Instructing and educating patients and families in the prescribed therapeutic regimens
• Demonstrating empathy and sensitivity necessary to elicit patient’s/family’s cooperation and allay apprehensions
• Working in a manner which is conducive to productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness
• Additional skills for Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
• Proficient with insertion of UAC/UVC, PICC lines, intubation, thoracentesis, peripheral arterial blood sampling, and peripheral IV insertion.
• Proficient with ventilator management, nitric oxide administration and x-ray interpretation.
• Proficient with stabilization and transport of critical infant.
• Proficient with neonatal pharmacology and nutritional management.
• Experience with head or body cooling and encephalopathy management.
• Incorporate cultural diversity and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Respond calmly and effectively in emergent or difficult situations
• Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of work-load assignments
• Work with frequent interruptions and competing priorities
• Perform physical assessments
• Perform record keeping and documentation responsibilities
• Perform in a manner which is fiscally responsible
• Performs duties under the direct supervision of the practice physician
• Know and accept that the role of the Physician Assistant is limited, display sensitivity to the partial overlapping and possible sharing of responsibilities with other health care professionals
• Major roles include providing clients with health-related information, preventative measures and timely consultations with their practice physician, and to help them achieve and maintain good health
• Position requires the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality due to the sensitive nature of information handled
Graduate Degree from accredited Physician Assistant program / Nurse Practitioners’ program
Certifications and Licenses
• Current National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants (NCCPA) Board Certification/License as Physician Assistant
• Approved to practice as a physician assistant in Montana or Wyoming by Board of Medical Examiners
• Healthcare Provider CPR Certification; additional CPR certifications may be required depending on the patient population and/or service area
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.